hiding places

Luke's POV
When we appear again we are standing in front of a rock on the beach.
"Where are we?" I ask y/n, she looks up at me and gives me a smile that nearly makes me melt.
"Not quite there yet." She says, the wind blowing her hair away from her face.
She grabs my hand and pulls me around a corner, all I see is a big rock until she turns another corner. One you would never notice, it just blends into the wall behind it.
She leads me through a small opening and moves a curtain away. at first all I see is a dark space, she let's go of my hand and walks deeper down into the cave. She walks over and turns on a small lamp, she walks around the room lighting candles that hang from the ceiling, they're covered in glass.
A makeshift lightbulb.
I think.
I look around the room and see racks, upon racks of clothing. There are two racks in the corner that have tones of fabric draped over them.
There is a small desk in the other corner, colored pencils strewn about on it.
There's a loveseat on the furthest wall, a small coffee table in front of it, a sewing machine on it. By the couch is one of those things that people use to see how clothing would look on an actual human being.
"Woah." I say quietly.
"Why are you whispering?" Y/n whispers back to me.
"Just feels like I should, I say a little louder but not quite speaking at full volume.
She grabs a length of black fabric, then she goes to the small desk and opens the one drawer in it.
She pulls out a stack of drawings and puts them on the coffee table, sitting down in front of it.
She begins to cut and pin the fabric. I sit down next to her and pick up the drawings. They're designs. They are all pretty old fashioned, but there's some quality about them that makes them feel new. Like she added gloss over them, made them with a new purpose and gave them a new life.
She stops what she's doing and just watches me.
She smiles at his visible awe at her creations.
"Do you like them?" She says resting her chin on my shoulder.
"Yeah. They're brilliant." She let's out a soft giggle.
"Really? I always feel like my creations are just a little above mediocre."
I look at her with visible suprise.
"Above mediocre?" He says incredulous.
"Yeah. They're nothing compared to what my mother and grandmother could do. They could make a length of fabric into magic." She says, traveling somewhere else, to some other time.
"Do you miss them?" I ask putting down the drawings and turning to her.
"A little. They were all I had in life. And now in death i try to fill the gaping hole that they left. It works sometimes but other times it feels like I cant move or I'll shatter into a thousand pieces. They died years ago but they crossed over, to wherever they were meant to go. I'm sure of that. They fulfilled everything they wanted in life." She's crying now. She sniffles and wipes her nose with her wrist.
"I cant imagine, it's been a week and I feel like the earth's trying to swallow me whole." Tears well up in my eyes for the thousandth time today.
"Well it's like i said. Its day by day. It hurts like heck. It really does, but after a little while you just feel numb. Your lucky. You have your friends. They can help." She leans her head on my shoulder.
"They could but I wont let them." I put my arm around her.
"Why not?"
"I dont want them to worry, dont want to seem weak or selfish."
"Luke," she says firmly, moving to face me, putting my head in her hands and looking me in the eyes, "you are not weak, nor are you selfish. They need you just as much as you need them. In fact probably a little more."
"But if it wasnt for me they wouldn't have died if not for me either."
"Shh, you cant think like that. Thinking like that is mental suicide. You mean so much more to people than you know. Please believe me on this. Please."
There are streams of tears coming down her face. I nod. I put my hand to hers. Pulling it from my face and enveloping it in both of mine. I look at her in th eyes.
"I believe you."