16

I'm so sorry for the long wait, I finally managed to write the last chapter. It's even the longest one I've ever written. I hope you enjoy!

¤¤¤

*One year later*

"Taebear! Where are you?"

Rough male voice could be heard in the distance, calling him by his childhood nickname.

"TaeTae- Oh, here you are." A middle aged man emerged from behind the corner with a wide smile plastered on his face.

"Hey dad." Taehyung spared him a side glance, small smile curving his lips upwards. He adverted his gaze to the small pony whose head was sticking out of the stall. With a gentle hand he kept patting it. "What's up?"

"Ah, nothing just... Your mom." he chuckled. "The dinner's ready and she told me to call her son." He shook his head. "She still can't get over it."

Taehyung laughed airily. "Tell her to calm down, I'm coming in a few minutes."

He expected to hear his dad laugh again but when no sound came from the elder, he glanced at him noticing a small frown on his features.

"What's wrong, dad?" he asked, concern lacing his words.

The elder was silent for a few moments, his gaze fixated on the pony's head.

"I'm sorry, Tae. You- you didn't deserve any of that." he spoke with a sorrow in his voice.

Taehyung sighed, his hand falling by his side. "It's okay, dad. It was a year ago. You and mom apologized so many times. I think we're past that."

"I know, but- it really wasn't fair, I don't know what we were thinking, what I was thinking back then. You are our son, no matter what." he looked at Taehyung, his gaze intense and full of regret.

"Whether you are straight, gay, bi or anything else, it doesn't matter to us. We love you the same."

Taehyung felt a small smile twich on his lips until it grew bigger and turned into a sincere toothy one.

"I love you too. I'm so happy we are finally back together as a family. And I'm so grateful everything turned out this way."

It took him a few seconds to realize his words and when he did, he felt a pang in his chest. His grin slowly faded, only to be replaced with a deep frown. "Well, not really everything, but..."

He felt a reassuring hand placing itself on his shoulder.

"It's not your fault, Tae. Don't beat yourself up about it."

"It is my fault, dad. I was so selfish. If I had just been stronger, we would have found the way. I know we would. He-" stopped himself as he felt his throat closing and tears prickling his eyes.

Suddenly, his dad pulled him in a tight hug, letting him sob into his chest.

"You weren't selfish, my son. It was no one's fault. It was the circumstances. I'm sure he understood. He loved you so much." he whispered.

"You- you really think so? You t-think he loved me?" he managed to say through the sobs, staring desperately in his father's kind eyes, the wrinkles at the corners becoming even more prominent as he smiled.

"More than anything. It was so obvious. I saw the way he looked at you. And the eyes never lie, Tae."

Taehyung sighed deeply, his sobs slowly dying down as he took in his dad's comforting words. "I s-still love him. I- I wonder where he is now, you know. How he's doing, if he's happy. I-if he found s-someone..."