Chapter 10

I was so confused during these weeks, like Imagine having parts of your life that you don't remember. It was extremely stressful. I also kept having these images of a giant snake, it was certainly scary and it looked oddly familiar, why do I see this snake that I don't even remember?

I walked out of divination class, which has been surprisingly successful for me and I spy a poster advertising a new student dueling club, which everyone is "forced" to go to.

It turns out that Lockhart is heading it, and when he practices his first dueling match, Snape, his opponent, disarms him by crying out, "Expelliarmus!" Lockhart quickly says that he had deliberately allowed Snape to win that one, and he divides the students into pairs, not wanting to lose another duel.

During the duel with y/bf/n, an Image appeared in my head, it was that snake again and it was attacking Harry Potter. Suddenly, I felt something pushing me, interrupting my images... y/bf/n had pushed me to the ground with magic.

"I'm so sorry" She said, rushing to me "what happened? WHy didn't you defend yourself, Ms Malfoy?" asked Snape who had watched us.

"I'm sorry, something happened, I lost focus" I said and stood up and continued to duel with y/bf/n and I quickly forgot about the images in my head. But our duel quickly interrupted when the duel between Potter and Draco started to get hot-tempered.

The two boys are brought to the front of the room to demonstrate for the entire club, and Snape whispers something to Malfoy, who immediately conjures an angry black snake from his wand. Lockhart tries to help, but instead makes the snake angrier and sends it straight for Justin Finch-Fletchley. Without even thinking, Harry calls out at the snake to leave Justin alone, and the snake falls into a docile heap on the floor.

Everyone looked terrified at Harry.

"What the hell did you tell him?" asked Justin, terrified.

Harry stood there quietly and watched as Justin accused him of being evil. "Why is everyone so freaked out?" I asked out loud, "he just told the snake not to hurt you".

"wait.." Said y/bf/n "you understand what Harry just said? To the snake?"

And now it made sense, he spoke Parseltongue. I didn't notice because for me, it just sounds like regular english.

__

In the past few weeks, I had judged me and Harry. People either believed that it was Harry who was the heir, or you. I mean, I always knew I was able to speak Parseltongue, it was just for the first time ever, I actually wondered why I could? Maybe this had something to do with my birth parents? Maybe they're descendants of Salazar Slytherin... cause Parseltongue a feat for which Salazar Slytherin himself was famous. Which means, I'm probably related to him.

Anyway, I had a hard time dealing with it. I mean, it's not fun to know what everyone thinks I'm evil... just because of some relative. The only one who got me through it, was Tom Riddle. I started to confide in the diary, telling Tom how everyones judging me, everyones practically bullying me. Telling him how I thought that Fred never noticed me, and how much that hurt.

He probably thinks of me as a Malfoy who hates his family because of his blood status.

Author P.O.V

But little did y/n know that Fred was actually the only one who noticed how sad y/n really was. He'd tried to cheer her up on distance, like pranking those who had been mean to her and acting like a fool during classes just to make her laugh.

But, through the year, he had noticed something off was happening to you.

y/n p.o.v

Writing in the diary helped me a lot, I got very confindal in Tom Riddle. But later, more and more muggleborns had been petrified and I couldn't recall where I was during these attacks.

It was so confusing and stressful, I mostly spent the night crying my eyes out and at night, I had nightmares about a giant snake.

One morning I woke up because one of my roommates kept breathing out harshly. "What's going on?" I asked them, without leaving the bed... all of my roommates were beside Gwen anyway, so i didn't feel like getting up.

"What's wrong, Gwen?" asked y/bf/n.

Gwen was too busy breathing to answer, "I think she's having an asthma attack" said one of my other roommates, Raven.

"Okay, she needs to sit up" said y/bf/n and Raven helped her sit up as y/bf/n looked through her nightstand and got her something blue and Gwen took 1 puff of her reliever inhaler every 30 to 60 seconds, up to a maximum of 10 puffs.

Eventually, she could breath regularly again.

"Thanks" she breathed out "I didn't know you had asthma" I said "I don't" Said Gwen "I only get it when I have an allergic reaction to birds".

"We should take you to madam pomfrey, she'll know what to do" said y/bf/n and she and Raven took Gwen to the hospital wing. I hoped she's going to be fine, as I pulled the blanket off my body and realised that I was full with feathers.

Gwen had an allergic reaction from me! But when was I near any birds? Wait a minute... I don't recall what I did last night? THe last thing I remembered was that I told Tom about how I probably went mad.... and now when I think about it, every time I've seemed to lose my memory it always starts with me writing in the diary. I got up, and grabbed the journal from my nightstand.

I got dressed up and went into the girls bathroom on the second floor, I know no one will find the diary in it and threw it in the toilet.

Now, the diary is gone and i don't have to worry about it anymore.