Chapter 24

You were currently eating a silence breakfast in the slytherin table then your brother walked angrily up to you. "What the bloody hell were you thinking?" he practically shouted. 

"Good morning to you to" you said, eating a full spoon of some cereal.

"What were you thinking?" he repeated, you had no idea what he was talking about. "about what?" you asked him and he slammed a newspaper at the table, right in front of you with a small thud.

You grabbed the paper and your eyes widened at the front page.

Harry potter's Secret heartache

A boy like no other, perhaps... yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen-year-old Harry Potter thought he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, y/n Malfoy. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss. Miss Malfoy, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for the redhead Weasley boy, Fred Weasley, Instead.

You looked frantically at Draco Malfoy "this isn't true" you lied, freaking out over the fact that Rita Skeeter now finds out about you and Fred.

"You promise me that this is just gossip?" he asked you and you frantically nodded "I mean, yeah, me and Harry are best friends, but that's it!" you frantically said.

"phew" said Draco and sat down next to you "for a second there, I thought you were actually with that blood traitor, Weasley" he said, but you didn't listen. You stood up and went to find your boyfriend, who just happened to be that blood traitor. You were hoping that he hadn't found out.

You found him at the gryffindor table, joking around with his twin brother like he always is. You smoothly walked towards him "we need to talk" you told him quietly, not looking exactly at him.

He gave you a cold smile as he drank some water "sure you don't wanna talk to your boyfriend?" He may meant it as a joke, but you could have sworn his tone turned a little bitter despite the unwavering kilowatt smile on his face.

"Boyfriend?" your eyebrows shot up as you looked at him.

"the boy who lived," he said, making air quotations with his hands.

You rolled your eyes.

"He's not my boyfriend, you know that" you whispered.

Fred scoffed at that. George pushed his shoulder "don't be that guy, go and talk to her" he told him and Fred clicked his tongue. "Fine" he said and stood up and followed you to the nearest school closet.

He leaned back against the wall and looked at you as you tried to lock the door. "you know this isn't't true, right?" you said, showing him the folded newspaper in the hand.

"I don't know" he said, moving his shoulders. "No one knows i'm your boyfriend, because you are embarrassed of me.

Your heart sank as you scoffed. "You know THAT'S NOT THE REASON!" you told him, hitting him with the newspaper. "I am doing this to protect you!" you told him "No, you're keeping our relationship a secret to protect you! Because you're scared that mommy and daddy will think less of you. If you really loved me, you wouldn't care about what they thought!" he shouted at you, his voice cracking and cleaning his tears off his eyes.

You started to cry too, you couldn't believe what he was saying. Was this all jealousy or was it the truth? Did he seriously think that of you?

You stood there in silence for a while, not sure about what to say.