Chapter 10

I'm sorry for not uploading, I kinda got bored of writing this story but I am gonna start writing more.
I have been busy with uni and I hope you enjoy this chapter.
-Cai ♡♡
*Adelaine's POV*

After surprising Joy, we ended up eating some dinner at the restaurant and caught up on everything that they had missed together. I ordered a hamburger whilst Joy ordered a pasta and a milkshake as well. "So how are you and Matthew?" I asked her. "Yea, we've been really good, and I'm really happy with him. He lights up my world." She replied dreamily. "So what does he do again?" I asked her. "Him and a group of his friends have a clothing brand and they make clothing, which are a great quality. His the master behind their TikTok page." She answered. "Damn, must be hard making all those clothes, and running a business must be really stressful." I replied with. "When are you going to get yourself a boyfriend, Laine?" Joy asked me. "I don't know, and I don't exactly have any time to. And besides who would want to date someone who ends up getting shipped to another country due to the army." I answered her, truthfully. "Come on, girl, anyone would be lucky to have you as a girlfriend, and you are really beautiful to be single, Laine. You will find someone soon, I just know it." Joy said. "Ok, if you say so." I shortly said afterwards. "Besides, you haven't dated anyone since Jonah broke up with you, to join a band, and moved away without telling you, and broke things off over a phone call." Joy said. "I hate seeing you lonely, Laine. I know deep down you want someone to comfort you and hold you tight." She added on. I just shrugged my shoulders and sighed deeply.

"Is it good to be home?" She asked. "Yes, of course. I am wanting to spend time with everyone before I get deployed again. And I hope to spend every second of the days making more and more memories with everyone." I replied back with.

"Well it's been amazing seeing you here again, Laine. Please if you do get deployed again, promise you'll come home and be safe and sound, not injured or killed in action." Joy said seriously. "You know I cant promise that, but yes I will come home safe and sound the best I can, I promise Joy." I said back to her. "I have really missed you Adelaine, you don't know how much I have prayed for your safe return, and how you will make it home uninjured and safe from harms reach." She said, softly. "Oh, Joy, I have missed you too, you are my best friend, of course I have waited for this moment to happen, where I got surprise you and freak you out." I responded. "Well its getting late, I must go home and see my family again. But I will catch up with you tomorrow, and we can spend the whole day together." I suggested as getting ready to leave. "Yeah, sounds like a plan, but will it be okay if I have Matthew with me, I really want for the two of you to meet?" She asked. "Of course, you can but I don't wanna end up as the third wheel." I replied. "Oh just me if anything he will be the third wheel." She said whilst laughing, than I started to laugh along with her. "Well we better pay for the meal." I stated and went to the front, to pay for the meals. "Hey, just here to pay for the meals at table T17." I told the worker, and brought my card out. "Well I would like to inform you, someone has already paid for your meals and wanted to thank you for your service for the country." They said. "Oh, well that was nice of them, thanks anyways." I said to them and went back to Joy. "Its already been paid for by anonymous person." I told her. "Well that was really nice of them to do so. So who are you going to surprise next?" Joy asked. "Well I only really wanted to surprise you, and my family which I had already done, so I'm just going to head home and catch up on sleep.