Part 3

Yesterday when  I finally got back to the VIP section, after my encounter with Zayn, I seemed so out of place and that boy was running through my thoughts a lot, although I unsuccessfully tried to stop it from happening. Chris seemed to be a bit mad because after he got back to the VIP, he only then realised I wasn't trailing behind him, but was with Zayn instead. We tried to have a conversation about it, but neither of us was sober enough for it. We just decided to leave the conversation for Sunday, since he was already invited  over to have dinner with me and my family.

I woke up with a headache, silently thanking God for not having drunk more last night, because even this headache was making things worse. I was happy that I was going to have dinner with Chris and get a chance to explain the situation with Zayn from last night. It would be ridiculous if we fought about something so stupid and innocent as the chat I had with that boy.

It was Saturday and I was buzzing with excitement for being able to stay in and do nothing all day. Sometimes I hated myself for being so lazy, but other days I just didn't care. Also, it would be nice to finally have some bonding time with my brother since we didn't exactly live together and uni often got in the way. My mother had a day off as well, so we just watched films and ate all afternoon.

Around 10pm, while I was laying in bed, watching football on my laptop, Diana finally called me. So, she was finally back from the dead, I thought to myself.

''Hey D. You alright?'' I said, still keeping my eyes on the laptop.

''Yes, although I must admit I got pretty drunk last night. Just thinking about alcohol makes me sick. How are you?''

''Well, the feeling is mutual. But I'm feeling good now. Refreshed almost. Showers do wonders. Anyway, did you like how the VIP party was organised?''

''I loved it! Well, at least the parts I remember! Thank you for being an awesome friend and helping me out. You're the best.'' I was just about to thank her and say how awesome she was, when she interupted my thoughts (happens regularly):
''Oh, by the way, Jules said something about a smoking hot guy, her exact words, chatting you up at the bar. I told her it was your boyfriend Chris and told her to back off, when she said it wasn't him because his arms were full of tattoos. That surely isn't Chris. So, spill the beans.''

''Oh it was just someone working for my dad, nothing serious. We just said hi. You know I would never cheat on Chris.'' Our conversation slowly died out as we were both too sleepy to continue. ''Good night, sis. Sweet dreams!''

'' You too, babe!'' I hung up, tossed my phone onto the other side of my bed, placed the laptop on the floor and fell asleep.

____________________________

I was awoken by my brother jumping on me, pleading me to go out with him. We decided to take a walk around the nearby park and then get back inside to help mum prepare dinner.

Me and mum finally set the table and let food cook, so I had enough time to take a shower and make myself presentable before Chris arrived at 7. I was just going through my closet trying to find an outfit when my dad knocked on the door.

''Hey, kiddo. Are you dressed?''

''Yeah, yeah, everything is okay, you can come in.'' I said while sitting back on my bed.

''I just want to say that if someone comes, send them to my office, I hope I will be done with all the work before dinner.'' He said and placed a kiss on my forehead.

''Okay, dad. Will do, and please don't make tonight awkward for Chris. You know he's afraid of you.'' I smiled at him while telling him that. He was already half way out of the room when I heard ''Sure, sure.'' in a mocking tone. Ugh, fathers!