Chapter 5

I look at my hands angrily. I can't believe she fell for someone else! I've been looking for her for years and she just moved on and expected me to do the same. I pound my fist against the wall creating a whole. I fall to my knees and start crying into my hands. Why doesn't she understand I was just scared? That I love her deeply? That without her I'm not whole? That, without her, I'm not me? Doesn't she see that? I walk out and go to her apartment. She's in room 4A. I look through the window. She's with Shawn. I sit on a bench. I lie down. I'm never moving, ever. I close my eyes and drift off.

I wake up and see her eyes staring into mine. It's morning. I look down and curl up in a ball. "Nico?" she asks. I shake my head. She touches my shoulder lightly. I cringe. I miss her touch but it's foriegn to me now. I let her touch my shoulder. "Why are you out here?" she asks. "I have nothing to live for." I answer automaticly. "What do you mean?" she asks. I move my face so my eyes can meet hers. "You're the only reason my life's worth living. Since you obviously don't love me anymore and I want you to be happy, I'm backing off. So, without you, my life's worthless." I answer. "That's not true-" she starts. "But isn't it?!" I snap. "You were the only person that made me smile, laugh, kind, sometimes. You made me have fun. You made my life worth living but without you, it's not." I say sadly and tuck my face again. She bites her lip. "Come on Ghost King, get up." she nudges me. "Where's Shawn?" I ask. "He's in the apartment with Gaurdian." she answers. "Look, I'm gonna leave you alone now so you should be happy. So, go live your life while you can. Don't you have a job?" I ask. She bites her lip an looks to the left. "Well..." she says and looks down biting her lip. "Then go. Have fun. Go live life to the fullest (Y/N). Don't waste your time on a hopeless loser like me." I say. She keeps her ground. "Nico, if you don't get up I'm gonna pick you up myself." she warns. "Where would I go? I've spent every second since you left searching for you regretting every second of my idiocity letting you go. Hurting you. I have no purpose in life except to make your life worth while." I say. Her eyes soften. "Nico-" she starts. "Go. Make your life worth while." I say cutting her off. She bites her lip but I give her a light push. She starts to walk off but keeps looking over her shoulder at me before she disappears off in the distance. If you love something set it free. If it doesn't come back it was never yours in the first place.