Chapter 6

I walk to the library. I should've stayed. Nico definitely wasn't ALRIGHT. Argh! Why did I have to listen to him! I should've stayed but I can't go back. I'm already here. I just work there and even though my shift wasn't that long it felt like years. It finally ended and I ran out passing my co-worker. I ran to the bench and slowed down. He was sitting there sad, depressed even. Tears are rolling down his cheeks. Tears gather in my eyes as I rush to him engulfing him into a hug. He just sobs in my shoulder. He won't stop it just goes on and on and on. I hold on tighter to him feeling all his pain. I never should've left him. It was an act of heartbreak. "I'm sorry Nico." I whisper and he starts to calm down. Some tears roll down my face. I feel a cold finger wipe them away. "I'm sorry too (Y/N). I was just scared. I should've known better when you told me about your dreams. I broke my promise when I told you I'd never fear you." Nico said sadly as a tear escaped his eye. I kissed it away. "I've forgiven you." I whisper. I couldn't deny that even after Nico broke my heart I still loved him. I still want to be with him but I couldn't just dump Shawn. Nico holds me close as he breaths in my sent. We rock back and forth. I bury my face into his neck. Gosh, I'm such an idiot. He kisses the top of my head. "I love you." he whispers. "I love you too." I whisper lovingly. He kisses my forehead as my face is buried in the crook of his neck. I hear stumbling and my head shoots up. Shawn's stumbling as he walks, well, more like crawls. He falls down or stumbles. I jump up and help him. "You okay?" I ask. He holds me close. "Now that you're here and you're safe and sound." he whispers. I look back at Nico and my face falls. He's so sad. Tears are rolling down my face. I help Shawn to a wall. "Shawn, I think we rushed into it." I fib messing with my fingers biting my lip. "W-what are you saying?" he asks. "I think we need to go back to friends. I'm sorry. I think I should go with someone else for the wedding." I say slowly walking away. He grabs my wrist and his eyes darken Guardian rushes down growling at Shawn his fur standing up while he bares his teeth. He let's out a protective snarl. I look back desperately at Nico and his face hardens. I pull away from Shawn. Why is he doing this?

His hold doesn't loosen it only tightens and I yelp. Guardian bites Shawn but he kicks him off causing Guardian to yelp in pain. Shawn heals before my eyes. I gulp afraid of him. Nico comes and wraps his arm around me glaring at Shawn. "Let her go." he growls. "I don't think so." Shawn says with a smirk. He yanks me into his arms and punches Nico far away. I gasp and pull uselessly away from him but his hold only strengthens. He picks me up bridal style and chants strange words I don't understand. We're in a house in a bedroom. He throws me down and holds me kissing me against my will. He does it passionately before moving to my neck. Oh no. I open my mouth to yell for help but he just kisses me sliding his tongue in. That's it! I shove him off and change. He smirks and jumps onto me on the front. He climbs up leaving me baffled. He kisses my lips still. I shove him off and curl up to fit out the window. I fly out and go to Nico and Guardian. I change and Guardian jumps on me happily. I smile and look for Nico. I find him laying flat on his back as fear consumes me. I rush to him. Blood is running down his face. His eyes are partially closed. I pull out my phone and call Apollo. He picks up and I tell him to get here quick. I hold onto Nico sobbing into his shoulder. "It's okay." he whispers. I look at him as he gets paler and paler loosing more blood. My jacket has no effect on it. I continue to sob. "Kiss me." he whispers and I do. I kiss him like never before for it might be our last. I stop when I don't feel his lips move anymore. Apollo jumps from his carriage only to be met to a dead Nico and a sad me.