I Am Knee-Deep In Shit.

24th October, 2029.
8:46 a.m.

"Haan...haan...okay, toh aap appointment fix kara lijiye aaj ki. Haan...hum baat karte hain. Yeah, okay.", I cut the call and straightened my suit.

"Who was it?", Amayra asked as she gulped another spoonful of Chocos and milk into her mouth.

"Just a patient. Okay, now, Amu, bye-bye, see you at evening!", I said and pecked her forehead.

I was off to work.
I was getting very little sleep since many days, so I made a mental note to pick up coffee before going to the hospital to remain alive.

When I was descending the stairs, I heard Ahaan call out to me, "Ahalya, yahan aana zara.", in an impatient tone.

I muttered a 'hmm' and faced him.
"Tune abhi premium nahi karaya.", he said with a bit of annoyance.

There were some papers in his hands and he pointed them out to me.
I took the papers and scanned.

Oh shit.
They were from the Insurance Company.
Oh my God, I am screwed.
It had to be premium-ed almost two weeks ago.
I quickly looked at the penalty amount.
It was pretty high.

"Dhyaan kahan rehta hai tera?! You told me you would so it! Ahalya, why aren't you-are you in your right minds?! See-God, just see the penalty!", he shouted loud enough that I could feel my core vibrate.

"Jeez, Ahaan, calm down. Mistake ho gaya, hota rehta hai. Oh my God!", I said irritatingly.

"Nahi, baat usski nahi hai ki 'hota rehta hai'. Baat teri laparvaahi ki hai. I am not letting you do any of these thing now onwards!", he said and advanced to take the paper from my hand.

I pulled it out of his reach.
Why was he so angry?!
It was just a mistake, for fuck's sake!
I could feel my own anger surge up through me.
I feel I would explode any minute now.

"Tera bhi ghar hai. Our responsibilities are equal. Itni hee chinta hai, then probably you should yourself check up on the house matters rather than wasting away your life checking up on Maya all the damn time.", I lashed out on him.

He stared incredulously at me. I could see the anger flaming in his eyes, "The hell you mean by that! You said you would-"

"Oh, shut it you both!"

We both whipped our heads towards the source of sound.
Papa.

He entered the living room and said, "Ahaan itna overreact karne ki zaroorat nahi hai. And Ahalya, take care from next time. Sharam aa rahi hai itnisi baat par ladte hue? Aur Ahalya, before going to the hospital, penalty bharte jaana."

Ahaan and me, both stared at each other with a tinge of hate.
Ugh! He just knows how to get onto my nerves, didn't he?

"Aah, tum log abb insurance policies pe fight karte ho. It seems that just yesterday you used to fight that who ate whose chocolate. My little babies grew up. Oh, those were the good ol' days!", Papa said and drifted into his memories.

Me and my twin both rolled our eyes.

"You used to be 'cool' dad! What happened to you?", I chuckled.

"Mumma! It's Olaf!"

Amu descended off the stairs with my phone in her hand.
Oh God, phone toh upar hee bhul gayi thi!

"Hello?", I said.
"You acting all frenzy?", Ajey asked from the other end.

"Eh, no. Just sibling things. Amu told?"
"Uh-huh. Hmm, is it? Because I heard you are rather cranky nowadays.", he asked.