Let's Disappoint Each Other. (Ajey's POV)

(Ajey's POV)

22nd January, 2031.
7:30 a.m.

Knock, knock!

This woke me up.
I grunted and got up from my bed, rubbed my sleepy eyes, put on my glasses and went to open the hotel room door, a yawn escaping my mouth.

"Kya kar raha tha tu? Chal ready ho ja, photoshoot pe jana hai ki nahi?", Deepak bhaiya said, already ready.

I grunted and shut the door upon his face.

We were in Mumbai for two photoshoots. The first photoshoot was done yesterday aur meri hawaa nikal gai thi.
Aaj dusra tha.

I sighed and went to the hotel bathroom to brush my teeth.
I came out, brush in my mouth, and scrolled through my social media.

I had got an email from Ahalya.

'Yo!
You have became quite the busybee, eh? Chal koi na, jab free ho tab yeh attachment dekh liyo.

Aur yeh kya?! Bc call bhi nahi kiya! Bade log :/

Seriously though, F you.'

I laughed.
She had send me a video attachment.
I contemplated seeing it, owing to the major lack of time.
But it was only of 5 minutes or so.
Meh. Dekh hee leta hoon.

The video started with Ahaan and Maya standing face-to-face, darkness around them except for a dim light. Ahalya's home.

Oh.
Oh.
Oh shit.
I completely forgot!
She was going to propose him yesterday!
Ajey, you dumbass!

Maya got down on one knee and took out a velvet box, Ahaan's hand flew to his mouth and he immediately sat beside her.
From the angle of the camera, I made out that whichever device was used for recording, was kept hidden on the dinner table.

After Ahaan said, 'Yes!' and they both hugged fiercely, the lights suddenly went on.
A herd came out of the shadows shouting, 'Wooooo!'.
Kaafi saare log.

Gharwale and all that toh the hee, but there were others too, which I assumed to be the soon-to-be-couple's friends.
They each took turns to congratulate and hug them.

Itna saara kuchh ho gaya, Ahalya ne kuchh bakchodi peli nahi.
Hmm.
That is so unlike her.

Suddenly, a song started playing, and Ahalya entered the frame by shimmying her shoulders.
I face-palmed.
Abhi maine socha ke kuchh kiya nahi aur yeh-

'sajna ji vaari vaari jau ji main,
tu hee toh mera sansaar hai,
aesa mera pyaar hai.'

She was doing some lame dance-steps.
Matlab kuchh bhi.
All laughed and cheered at her.
Some even joined her and here I was, laughing my ass off.

Amu joined her too, and as a result, Jimmy also started barking around the group of people dancing.
I chuckled.

Yash had gone to Dubai for a musical event. My parents worked day and night. So it was in the best opinion to leave Jimmy with Amu.
Amu's tantrums did so much help...

Ahalya started doing naagin dance, the hem of her skirt swaying with the motion.

"Abey teri engagement hai ke meri?", Ahaan chuckled.
"Dekh agar tum-log ki shaadi mein 'din shagna da chadheya' aur waise sab emotional songs baje toh main nahi aa rahi. Sabse pehle toh 'Emotional Atyachaar' hee bajega, I swear to God!", she answered.

What the fuck?!
I laughed my wits out.

I made a mental note to call Ahaan and message Maya congratulations.