A THOUSAND YEARS

~Before you read this chapter I would really like to thank you for giving so much love and support to this story. It really means a lot. I love you people.

Hope you like this chapter.

Love, Roshni.~

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

CEDRIC'S POV

"I am not drunk, Cedric." she shouted. She was definitely drunk. The center table of my house was filled with empty bottles of alcohol and a half filled bottle of scotch. I looked at Kathleen and she was looking at me with a look. "You definitely are, Kathleen." I told her and picked up the bottle of scotch left. Kathleen got up and tried taking the bottle from me. I raised it above my head so she couldn't reach it. I walked towards the kitchen and Kathleen followed me. I kept the bottle on the kitchen slab and opened the fridge to find something to eat. "I am hungry." I told her. "What do you want to have?"

"I don't know, whatever you want." she said, leaning against the kitchen cabinet. I picked up my phone. "I am ordering pizza." I told her and she nodded. I placed the order and went back to the living room. She sat on the couch and I sat next to her. I looked at her. "You know, I just realized something." she raised her eyebrows, "My book and you share birthdays." she rolled her eyes on that comment. "And you think I am drunk," She said, "sure."

"What happened today?" I asked her, seeing Kathleen have a breakdown was not easy. I felt helpless, I wanted to do something, anything, to make it better, but I was scared. What if I said something that triggered something and made it worse. But in an instant I realized I had to be strong, I couldn't be there for Kiara and I didn't want to repeat the same mistake. I pulled myself together and tried to be there for her.

"My father called me." She said, "no one knows he is alive." my head snapped towards her. She was looking at the wall, her face completely blank. "Well, except me and Taylor." I couldn't wrap it around my head. What does she mean by no one knows he is alive?

"I don't understand." She explained it to me and i took a deep breath. it was a lot to take in. 

"I don't know where he is." she said. "He just left to be with another woman. I overheard mom talking to my aunt. Mom never used to say anything against him but me being me, I started looking for him. Any trace of him would work for me at that point of time. I didn't find him but I found all about him. He started a new life with a woman, has kids with her. And even after this, I still couldn't give up. I wanted to talk to him, ask him why he did this. But after mom's death, I gave up." there were tears in her eyes. "Olivia still has no idea about this. Taylor says to keep Olivia out of this but what if he tries contacting Olivia next."

I had no idea what to say, she broke into a sob and I hugged her tightly. I held her face and said, "If something like that happens, then she'll deal with it. She is very stronger." I told her and she nodded lightly. I wiped her tears and gave her a small smile. She kept her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her. We sat like that for a while when the doorbell rang. I didn't want to move but she looked at me and slightly nodded. She moved and I got up. I received the pizza and kept it on the center table. She took her phone and started playing songs to lighten the mood.

We were just listening to songs and eating pizza in silence. The song A thousand years started playing and it brought back the memory I was trying to forget. I got up and Kathleen looked at me. I held my hand and she gave me a look, I rolled my eyes in frustration. "The song will be over, Kathleen." Kathleen shook her head but held my hand anyway. I pulled her up and kept my hand on her waist while my hand was holding hers. We started swaying to the music. Not in a thousand years I imagine I would dance with her on this very song but life does have a way to surprise us.

"I guess I didn't know how to dance." She whispered. I looked at her and her hair was falling on her face. "You still don't. That is why I am teaching you." I whispered back. She rolled her eyes and I chuckled. "You do roll your eyes a lot." I told her, twirling her around. I removed my hand from hers and kept both my hands on her waist while she kept hers on my shoulder. She looked into my eyes and I felt something different, something I have never left before.