Chapter 4

Andy-

"You should come with us to the after party. I mean, if you want, but I would like it if you came." I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks. I tried to casually ignore it but Lexa pointed it out.

"You're cute when you blush." She smiled looking down at her shoes. She wore a plain gray tank top and gym shorts. Her hair was in a neat bun and from what it looked like she had no makeup on. She was beautiful without even trying. Well, to me anyways.

"Andy we gotta get going if you're still up for it." Dave muttered close to me. I wanted Lexa to come with me but I didn't want to seem desperate and bug her.

"You comin'" Dave asked Lexa practically reading my mind. She thought about for a moment before nodding her head. Then a wave of panic flooded her face.

"My brother!" She shrieked. She pulled out her phone and paused for a second. I heard her sigh as she raked the few loose strands of hair back into her bun.

"My mom picked him up." She rubbed her eyes, clearly frustrated.

"Hey, if you want to just go home that's fine." I secretly wanted her to stay, maybe have a good time. Then again if she had problems going on she should deal with them instead.

She shook her head and assured me that she wanted to go out and have fun. I took her hand in mine as I made my way to the parking lot. "Wait for us by the exit over there." I pointed to the exit and she nodded walking to her car. I made sure she got in safe, even though the parking lot was practically empty now. When she got in and ignited her car I jogged towards the fence where all the tour buses were.

Our bus driver was gone apparently a family emergency according to his note. I figured he didn't need to play a game of twenty questions, so I didn't call him. Instead I hopped into the driver's seat easing my way to the exit. In the rearview mirror I saw a van behind us.

-

You could hear the music from a mile away the music was blaring that loud. I squeezed Lexa's hand as we entered the packed building. There was a caterer passing by with some drinks that I gladly helped myself to. I offered Lexa the other drink that I grabbed, but she shook her head.

"You should know I'm not a happy drunk, so I ought to quit while I'm ahead." She smiled pushing the drink away. She seemed like a nice girl but I wasn't looking for anything more than a one night stand.

"Do you want to dance?" I asked finishing my drink and setting it down somewhere.

"Sure." She replied and I lead us through the massive crowd.  Our bodies moved in sync. Never once did we touch though. Once I noticed the lights beaming off of our glistening bodies I suggested that we should go sit and talk for a while.

Even though I was less than sober I tried to hold an intelligent conversation. As we talked I learned that she was 20 years old, she wanted to be a photographer, she loves to travel, and more.

Just as I opened my mouth to say something an irritated Ben came in my direction.

"Can we leave like now!" He said more as a statement than a question. I wasn't ready to go I was having a good time.

"I think that's a good idea. I should get going." Lexa agreed grabbing her things.

I grabbed her wrist startling her a little. "Stay with me." I pleaded.

"She can come with us to the hotel were staying at." Ben suggested. He clearly just wanted to get out of here. He wasn't much of a party person, so he usually got stuck babysitting the rest of us who got drunk.

"I'll help you get the others." Lexa offered.

"Thank you. Its nice to have some help every once in a while." If I wasn't mistaken I'm pretty sure Ben was throwing shade at me.

Soon both of them disappeared into the crowd searching for the rest of the band. I was feeling quite tired, so I laid down across the couch that I was sitting on and closed my eyes.

"Andy, c'mon were leaving." A large hand shook my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see all five of my friends in front of me.

I sat up yawning and I noticed that Lexa and Dave looked awfully close. My facial expression immediately changed. It made me jealous. I mean he was supposed to be my wingman and now he's stealing my girl. Whatever, she was way more trouble than she was worth.

"You guys go ahead. I'll be there in a minute." I'll just find another girl, I mean, who wouldn't want to get with me? There's other nice girls besides this one chick.

Eventually the group filed out of the building and I searched through the crowd looking for the perfect one night stand.

I made eye contact with a girl across the bar and smiled at her. Seconds later she came over and started flirting with me. She talked about herself, but I tried to get it across that I didn't want to talk. She didn't catch on, so I cupped her face and kissed her frustrated with her obliviousness. She kissed back with an equal amount of force.

"Let's get out of here." I said wasting no time with her.

She nodded collecting her things and following me out the door. We boarded the bus and I realize Dave was missing. He's got some nerve. I told the boys that I didn't want to be disturbed and they nodded. Except for Ben who stood in front of me.

"I thought you were coming back with Lexa." He said looking at the blonde barbie and back at me.

"She's with Dave." I shrugged pushing past him and into the back lounge. Ben yelled something that I didnt catch, but I really didn't care what he had to say especially if he was siding with them.