𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ━━ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒕!

┍━━━━━━━  ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━┑

chapter three ━━ they are hot!

┕━━━━━━━  ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━┙

Lauren tumbled forward as Nathan walked right into her back after she'd come to a stop right in front of Julie's garage the next morning. She'd spent the night searching for him in San Francisco, checking all the places he could've been, she had a lot of explaining to do. When she had finally found him at his parents' place, observing them, she had explained what had happened, from her disappearing on him to Julie being able to see them. He was shocked, and rightfully so.

This should've been impossible, no human in her two years back had been able to see her, much less be able to communicate with her. And it had been the same for him since he'd come back three years ago. Much like him, Lauren was surprised too, it had been a few hours since then and she was still processing it. Thus, as soon as it was morning, she and Nathan had poofed to the Molina's home so he could see it for himself too.

As she fell forwards, Lauren felt a hand wrap around her arm, stopping her from falling. She felt herself freeze when she saw it was Luke who had grabbed her and took in a sharp breath. Their eyes not leaving each other' as he pulled her back up to stand in front of him. He and the boys had been standing outside of the garage studio, listening to Julie sing while playing the piano when he'd spotted Lauren falling face first and immediately grabbed her. The Molina girl's talent was temporarily put in the back of his head when he looked down at her, taking in a breath himself. It wasn't the first time he had seen her, but it certainly felt like it. He hadn't forgotten how blue her eyes as he looked directly into them or how she wasn't much shorter than him, their noses almost touching. He could see that she still wore the black eyeliner she always used to wear. In their time apart, he could tell that she hadn't changed much, appearance-wise at least.

What felt like minutes to them as they properly took in each other, years later, only seconds had passed while the boys still listened to Julie and Nathan exclaimed, "You were right Ren! They are hot!"

A hot blush rose up to her cheeks ( which was strange because she didn't blush ) at his words which grew even more when she could see Luke's brow quirk up and an amused smile tug at his lips. But his face quickly turned down as he saw the leather jacket boy standing behind her. Realizing this must be the Nate she was talking about, Luke's hand slid down Lauren's arm as he backed away, clearing his throat in the process as Alex and Reggie shushed the boy, not giving him another look.

After years apart, Luke's presence still intoxicated her. It was all she could focus on while he turned back into listening to Julie. And she hated how she felt when he stepped away from her, her body longing to feel the heat from his, to feel the cool rings on his finger on her arm once more. She hated to even think that she had missed him, even though she had a lot.