13: The locker room that reeks

You've got to ask yourself one question:

'Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

***

No one came to lunch today again.

I ate my sandwich and silence, checking my phone for their names to appear. After another ten minutes, no one still to show up. It was officially a week of this. This has happened once in a while, but it didn't sit well with me, especially after everyone acting weird. We all met up to talk before first period started, and it was painful. The conversation was just scraping by, mostly filled with silences and short worded answers. Everyone seemed dying to just get away from one another.

This thought was confirmed with the fact that no one was talking to each other after.

I checked the group chat for the fifth time since the lunch period started, hoping someone texted a reason why they are not here.

I groaned in frustration when it was blank. My anxiety was gnawing my stomach more than hunger at this point.

"Fuck it," I muttered to myself, pulling out my phone to text the group chat.

council meeting in 10 minutes @ the boys locker room.

I got up from the table, tossing my garbage away before turning towards the cafeteria. By the entrance, I quickly glanced over at the table where France, Asami, and Annabel were sitting.

They like to sometimes sit with us or away. Archy and Alex were convinced they only sit alone when they are talking about one of us, but I think it's just when they generally want to talk about someone else and doesn't want us to listen in. I watched France listen to whatever Annabel is saying before smiling.

My mind wondered what she was talking about. My first instinct is that she must've told them what happened at the party.

They must know what she thinks about me.

I stiffened.

Why would she be interested in someone like me? Better yet, why was I interested in someone like her?

We barely talk.

That was the chant I kept mentally in mind until I reached the entrance of the boys locker room. A few minutes later, Devon and Archy appeared. I opened the door and walked into the locker room.

"Dude this place reeks," Devon complained, groaning loudly into the shirt he was holding to cover his face.

I held my nose when the smell began to burn my nose.

"Worst location choice by far," Archy said, looking around at the locker room. "I'm only not gagging because I go here twice a day for football."

I didn't know where the smell came from. The boys locker room always had an odd scent from the collection of sweat and tears over the years, but it was never this bad before.