Decision Making

AN: Hey guys!! Im so sorry for making you wait this long for an update! I was sick all week so I didn't really do a lot of writing but I promise I'll try my best to upload often! Tell me what you think of the chapter!

Emma's POV

Once mama got our ice cream from the boy, we walked to a booth in the corner of the shop. There were windows all around us so we could see all the people over at the park, which by the way, I'm super excited to play at. It looked like so much fun! "What are you thinking about mija?" "Oh sorry mama I'm just thinking about how much fun that park is gunna be!" I said super excitedly.

The boy who gave mama our ice cream came up to our booth and started talking to her. "Uhm... hi." he said awkwardly. "Oh! Erm, hello." Mama said friendly. "Uhm hi, I just couldn't stop looking at your beautiful face since you bought your ice cream. I was wondering if I could get your number?" He said with a weird smile that made me cringe. I don't have a good feeling about him. "How old are you?" Mama asked lightly laughing. "17, but I won't tell if you dont." What? What does that mean? I'm so confused. "Sorry but no, your underage and Im not interested in a relationship at the moment anyway." Mama said sternly and moving her hand in the air between us with a fake smile playing on her lips. Why is she mad? I'll ask later.

She picked me up from the booth and took me outside. "Lets go to the park for a little bit, huh mija?" Mama asked me sighing. "Yes please!" She laughed. Her laugh is really contagious so I started to laugh too and before you know it, people are staring.

Lauren's POV

I felt Emma tense up in my arms when everyone started looking at us because of our loud, crazy laughs. "You okay mija?" She looked at me with scared and sad eyes. "Don't put me back in the home, please, I'll do anything! I'll clean the house, I'll do the laundry, anything!! Just please don't make me go back to the home, I was having so much fun! Please don't take me back!" Emma said with tears threatning to spill out.

I don't understand, why would she think I would give her back? I'm already completely in love with this child. "Mija, mija calm down babygirl. I'm not going to take you back I promise! I'll never leave you okay? I love you too much already." She had already let a few silent tears roll down her cheeks, I wiped them with my thumb. She laid her head down on my shoulder as I comforted her. "Baby you don't have to clean the house or do the laundry or anything like that I promise. It's going to be okay mija. Do you wanna go home or do you wanna go play?" I asked shocked. I'm not going to push her on this right now. Not until I know the whole story as to why she would even think that I would make her do that at 7 years old.

"I wanna go home mama." she said still crying. "Okay mija lets go home." I threw the small amount of our ice cream in the trash and started the walk back to the apartment.

Once we were almost there, Emma said, "I have a question." "Okay, shoot." "Why were you mad when the boy at the ice cream place wanted to talk to you?" "I wasn't mad, I was just frustrated." "Why?" God, this child reminded me so much of Taylor. Curious, adventurious, and one of the most lovable people I know, I can already tell it's going to be a hard journey for us but I know it'll be worth it.

"Because the boy was asking mama to do something illegal and it just kind of made me frustrated I guess." "Oh, okay. I have another question." I chuckled. She definitely reminds me of Taylor. "Alrighty, I'm all ears." I said as we entered the apartment building and made our way to the elevator.

"What are we going to do when we move to Florida?" She questioned. "Well, mama is going to get a job so we can rent a small apartment near grandma and grandpa's house, we won't be living there for long though." I said as I opened the door to our apartment and set Emma down. "Why not?" Emma said in the cutest little voice ever. "Becuase after about 2 or 3 three days, there is a singing competition that mama has decided to try out for." I said looking at the floor with a smile on my face.

Taylor would want me to sing. She would want me to remember her and do what we loved to do together. Only this time, I'll be on my own. I saw an add on a billboard on our way to the ice cream shop earlier for the Xfactor and have been thinking about it ever since. I know it's kind of a rash decision but I think it's the right one.

If it doesn't work out, then no harm done! I'll go back to my parents, find a better job, rent a bigger and better apartment for me and Emma, and just keep on living. But if this does work out in my favor, I could make a name for myself, help and inspire people. I'd be able to give Emma a better life, which she deserves. And maybe along the way, I'll meet the love of my life. I can't pass up an opportunity of a lifetime. It may never come again so im going after my dreams. Not only for me, but for Taylor, and for Emma.