[.𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑.]

ganymede : chapter 3

"are you really this dumb?" tsukishima asked once more, running a hand through his hair and sighing. you'd seen this look one too many times, especially from mizaki. 

"well, there's a reason why i need a tutor, right?" you retorted, sick of this attitude from people. you hunched over your math books once more, tracing the numbers with the tip of your pencil. 

"i didn't think you'd be this bad at... everything."

"why did you join the tutoring program if all you're gonna be is mean to your students?" you sighed, taking a swig from your water bottle. god, the audacity this bitch had.

"i joined for the extra credit, not because i like teaching or anything," tsukishima said, checking his phone. "we have five minutes left until the library closes; might as well leave now."

"fine with me," you said, stuffing your books back into your bag. 

"do you even understand anything we did today?" tsukishima asked, packing up his things in an organized manner. 

you had to physically restrain yourself from trying to kill this boy. 

"somewhat. more or less," you mumbled, leaving the answer vague. you could sense his tired eyes losing all hope for you, just from the way he looked at you. 

"okay, fine. give me your number so that i can contact you with emergencies," you prompted, holding out your phone. 

"why can't you use my school contacts?"

"can you shut up and give me your number please?" 

reluctantly, the blonde typed his phone number in your contacts. he shifted his glasses up his nose bridge, before slinging his bag over his shoulder. 

"that's only for emergencies, understand?" he warned sternly, before leaving you behind in the library. you rolled your eyes at his demeanour, then packed up and headed out as well. 

regardless of how cold he was, for some reason you were determined to get through to him. maybe he was like ganymede, a giant moon that was covered in an icy shell. maybe if you broke through the ice shell, there'd be a newfound friendship waiting to be bloomed, and you'd gain a friend who was super smart and could give you all the answers to tests and stuff. 

not to mention that he was kind of cute.

but that attitude was a bit of a tie-breaker, wasn't it?

---

yua had already gone home for the day. she had texted you when you left the library about having to go home early and cook dinner. you told her it was fine, but without her usual chatter, it felt quite empty. 

you decided to stop by the convenience store, run by the boys' volleyball coach of your school. a big group of volleyball boys were huddled around the meat buns section, making you frown a bit. 

"excuse me," you said, trying to push past the crowd of sweaty boys. a short haired ginger suddenly turned around, coming straight in contact with your body. a small 'oomph' left his mouth as he dropped his meat bun. 

"aw, dammit," he mumbled. "sorry 'bout that, miss."

he stood up straighter after picking up his fallen meat bun, looking at it with sadness. he then took a look at your jacket. 

"oh, you go to karasuno too? what a coincidence, huh? well, i guess it kinda makes sense if we all live in the same neighborhood, because it's the closest school. anyways, sorry about bumping into you," he apologized, dawning a sheepish smile. 

"it's fine," you shrugged, grabbing two meat buns - one to make up for the boy's fallen one. you handed the bun over to him, earning a big grin. 

"oh thanks," he said, paying for both snacks as you retreated back outside of the crammed store. a couple volleyball boys were yelling for justice as a shaved-headed boy took about five meat buns in one hand. 

"are those your friends? that's quite a wild crowd," you commented, trying to look for any familiar faces. you couldn't make out many, but a few boys you recognized from briefly seeing them in the hallways. 

"yeah, they're all on the volleyball team with me. i'm hinata shoyo, by the way. i'm a middle blocker, but one day i'm going to be the best ace on our karasuno team!" hinata boasted, biting into his meat bun like he hadn't had food in ages. you listened to him talk about volleyball intently, before he asked for your name. 

"oh, i'm y/n l/n," you introduced, throwing away the meat bun wrapper. hinata nodded solemnly. 

"are you the one that tsukishima's tutoring?" he asked. 

"yeah. how did you know?" 

"... he complained about you in volleyball practice the other day," he explained, suppressing a small smile. 

"that bitch. he didn't even know me until today!"

"it's just tsukishima being tsukishima. don't let it get to you - you seem pretty nice from what i've seen so far," hinata complimented, before a black-haired boy beckoned for him. "gotta go, l/n. i'll see you soon, hopefully!"

"yeah, see ya."

you turned to walk home, the sunset swallowing the horizon as the sky dimmed. you knew you had homework to do, but you could only seem to do one thing right now; and that unfortunate thing was to text tsukishima. 

---

tsukishima kei

y/n:
wow okay so u talked smack 
about me in volleyball
w/o even knowing me
love that

tsukishima:
this isn't an emergency

y/n:
smh i don't care rn

tsukishima:
god i didn't know you were 
so sensitive lmao
also stop texting me i need to do hw

y/n:
im not that sensitive
smh

tsukishima:
well obviously you are if you
texted me abt the situation
anyways this aint an emergency bye

y/n:
ok ngl
you're way more fun to text than 
i expected

tsukishima:
i dont remember asking <3

y/n:
k fine ill leave u alone
rude

seen

---

tsukishima kei, despite his cold and brooding attitude, surprisingly had caught your interest. 

that night, you shut off your lights and searched for constellations in the black sky, but the sole thought of tsukishima being the icy moon ganymede was all you could think of. 

---

a/n : lmao ok uh idk where i wanted to go w this chapter istg the chapters will get better ; also not me forgetting how names work uh yeah