[.𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔.]

ganymede : chapter 6

today, you were going to drag tsukishima to go get meat buns with you after school. 

it was a cool friday, the breeze ruffling your hair as you made your way into the library. yua had tried to bribe you out of tutoring today, claiming that going with her and her volleyball team to the fair would be much more fun than studying. of course, you wanted to go, but you also kind of wanted your daily dose of tsukki. 

"oh. i didn't think you'd show up," tsukki said, blinking twice before removing his glasses to clean them. 

"why?"

"i heard hasebe yua pestering you in the halls about going with her to the fair. wouldn't you prefer the fair over this?" 

"obviously. but, i wanted to go get meat buns with you and your friend after school. i'm sacrificing my social life for you," you claimed, a teasing smile lingering on your face. 

tsukki didn't know how to respond to this comment, so he gave a small "tch" and opened his books. a small part of him was actually quite glad you didn't ditch him today; even though he didn't show it, he felt quite grateful that you stuck around despite his cold behavior. he found you entertaining, and frankly, quite charming. you'd never know this, though. 

"are you that desperate to be my friend?" he teased, poking a pencil eraser on his paper. 

"sure," you shrugged. "why not?"

he looked slightly taken aback. "hmph. alright."

---

the clock was playing with your eyes, and you were sure of it. one second ago, it pointed to 4:30, and the next it was only 4:15. or maybe it was wishful thinking. 

"we're basically done for the day, aren't we?" you asked, your eyes starting to get dizzy at the sight of more math problems. none of it made sense anymore - was it possible to understand something so much to a point where it made no sense at this point? because that's what it felt like when you repeated the same problem over and over again. 

"i guess," tsukki sighed. "i'm guessing that you're gonna drag me and yamaguchi to the store today, hm?"

"i thought i made that clear at the start," you said, giving him a tired smile. packing up your stuff, you two headed out of the library. just like on wednesday, a green haired boy was waiting for tsukki, leaning against the wall that was the library's entrance. 

"let's go, yamaguchi," tsukki prompted, making the boy jolt out of his sleepy state. a worn bag was slung across his shoulder, and he held a multicolored volleyball in his hand. 

"oh, are you a part of the team too?" you asked, eyeing the ball. it was the same one that yua always carried around with her, even when it was the weekends. you always thought that was kind of stupid; you can't just play volleyball whenever you want, and wasn't it kind of a hassle to carry it around all the time? of course, yua's excuse was always, 'you never know when you could practice your killer receives!' 

"yeah! so is tsukki. we're both middle blockers, although tsukki's way better than me-"

"shut up, yamaguchi."