CHAPTER 1 - WELCOME HOME

The rocky street and the heavy wind were welcoming me from the window’s car. Spending three days on the car was the longest road I ever traveled. At twelve at noon, I arrived in an old house.

I hate this atmosphere, old-fashined home in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by the big gate. My mother said that I would fall in love to this place as my grandma did when she was young.

“Welcome home, maam.” said an old man who was welcoming us in the grassy yard.

He smiled like he knew us for years. By seeing at his clothes, I knew he was the man who had kept this place from stoler or any animal destruction. His long baggy pants suited with the white t-shirt and black hat.

“Hello Marty, long time no see.” said my grandma, slowly. Her head was out from the car.

He raised his hat, then openned the car’s door. He helped my grandma to stand before my mother brought her a wheelchair.

“No, Emma. I prefer to walk now. You can lead me.” said my grandma when refusing the wheelchair that my mother took out from the car.

“Can you give us a warm water?” asked my mother to Marty, “It is little bit cold here.”

Marty nodded, “Right this way, maam. I’m coming after you.” then he waited those women to walk into the house.

My mother helped my grandma to walk on the grassy yard. Even though there was a man who took care of this house, it seemed like had abandoned for years.

The atmosphere of the empty house, the loneliness, and the woods that surround it were real and tried to catch me.

I walked to examined the gate and saw a name had written on a rusty iron of the gate. “La Rona” was the name of my grandma. I began to think that this house was my grandma’s.

I thought that she was a Canadian as we lived there before moving here. This was England and she got her name on the rusty iron gate.

It must be something happened in the past because none of my relatives told me about this house.

This house was like a treasure and as big as a mansion.

“That’s no use to stand over there.” my mother said to me, “shut the gate and get into the house now.”

Sometimes she became so garrulous. Maybe that why she is a woman and my mother. She took our luggage from the car. It’s going to be bored here, but my mother said this moving was for my grandma, so we should be happy.

She loves my grandma more than me. She would do everything to make her happy. She always tries to be with my grandma every time is needed.

She said that I would understand it one day if I found my mother in her old years.

“Dont make your parent feels lonely. You have to always with them, like what they did when you were child.” she said to me many times.

-to be continued...