CHAPTER 9 - THE DEVIL

We left the lake at twelve in the afternoon. On our way to home, Mom started her long story about grandma.

When Mom was a little girl, she saw grandma talked to every mirror at home.

She called “Elizabeth, Elizabeth”, then the mirror turned into black.

Since that day, grandpa covered all the mirror at home. Mom said that grandpa tried to separate grandma with her dead sister, but the bound between them were so strong.

“This is my big secret, Alex,” Mom said, “I stole it from grandpa. He was an exorcist.”

Mom learned grandpa’s book. She said that the spirit could be revived by doing the ritual in the place where she died, in Elizabeth’s room.

“How Elizabeth died, Mom?” I asked.

“She died in a ritual called Naturrom Demonto.” Mom said, “She did it with grandma when they were fiveteen, grandpa told me that.”

I couldn’t believe it. My nightmare was real. I didn’t want to believe that grandma was scary, but her grimace and her eyes told me that.

I began to think that everything was gonna be worse, I thought of it every day.

One night, Mom wanted me to come to her room. She said that grandma took many candles and locked herself in her room before seven at night.

Mom was worrying her, she asked me to help her.

She showed me grandpa’s book and wanted me to read chapter two. It told that in revival you needed to sacrifice the blood and flesh.

I read about three pages when we heard the sound of broken glass. The sound came from grandma’s room.

I ran to her room and I tried to open it. Mom rushed after me, she knocked it fast.

Mom battered down the door, she tried to break in the room. I agreed with her action, then we kicked it harder. The door opened.

Here we stood in front of the door, looking at the room was full of candles.

In the middle of the room, there was a big hexagonal symbol with candle on each angle.

“Grandma! Grandma! Where are you?” Mom called her, but no answer.
In the middle of the room, there lied someone liked grandma. Mom rushed to her and shook her. That person was the doll.

“She failed to make the doll as a vessel.” said Mom in trembled, unbelieving it.

“Mom, look!” I pointed toward the ceiling.

Grandma crawled on the ceiling like a lizard. Her hair was messy. By the light of candles, I saw her face turned into blue, like a numb face.

She spoke in Latin. Mom and I didn’t know what she said. Once I tried to break the mirror, grandma crawled to me. When I broke the mirror successfully, grandma got my neck.

She choked me and lifted me by her right hand. My feet couldn’t touch the floor, she was strong.

“Let him go!” Mom kicked her arm.

She got Mom’s foot and pulled it, then she began to bite it. Mom screamed out loud.

“Go Alex, run!” said Mom but I wouldn’t leave her.

I had no choice except stabbed grandma from her back using the sharp piece of the broken mirror.

“Take this!”

Blood spurted on the floor, she fell on the shattered mirror. I helped Mom to take her out. She couldn’t walk, the bite made her a bit lame.

“Elizabeth is alive, she uses grandma’s body. She killed Marty as a sacrifice.” Mom said to me.

“No, she isn’t Elizabeth, it is something evil.”

I grabbed Mom’s hand to run, I knew the devil would chase us quickly, we needed to go fast.

“You will rot in hell!!” the devil screamed in a husky voice.

To be continued

----------------------------

Vote & comment