CHAPTER 5 - HINT

I became on guard with grandma. I do believe in God, but now I believed too there was something wrong since I moved the doll to her room.

Sometimes I heard my grandma was talking in her room and no one was there. Sometimes I saw a shadow of someone walked in front of my door. Sometimes I could smell the odor burst from outside the door.

Since the odd things happened, I liked to be in my room along the day. My mom wanted me to go down in every mealtime, but I said that I did an important research for my school.

Using my old PC, I searched information about this place. It was Lancashire, a region in North West England.

There was nothing special. Really. I meant nothing was wrong with this place, it was the green sceneery with many country houses in this town.

Even though, I thought that this house was isolated, for there was no other resident who lived near here. I thought it built in this area for a purpose.

In fact, people lived far away from this area. Mom said, they preferred to live in a rural ares rather than surrounded by the wood.

She said there was the nearest wood named Ogden wood. It located on Pendle Hill, England. An area that full of big and tall trees.

Mom loves to live here. She liked to explore nature. So, she went to fish in the afternoon. She wanted me to join her adventure but I preferred to stay at home.

Last night, I did a research. I went to the basement alone. Maybe I could find a hint about what happened to grandma, and I wouldn't tell Mom.

Grandma became a stranger for me, but not for Mom. She talked to grandma without any suspicion. Even though I saw the flame in grandma's eyes, I felt something evil in there.

My journey to the basement was full of darkness, even I lighted all candles there was hard to see the thing clearly. I brought a flashlight for extra light. I locked myself in this scary place, just that night, I should find out something.

I went to the corner of the room. I watched my steps, a bunch of things lied on the floor. I look at the spot where Lesedi La Rona’s doll was put on before I moving it.

I shone the glass vessel. The thick dusk covered the glass vessel, so I had to clean it using my sleeves. I looked closer to the glass vessel.

It was a transparent glass so I used my flashlight to shine it. Behind the glass vessel, there was a letter on the wall, made of black ink. I spelled it, "R-O-N-A" it must be grandma's last name.

The letter was covered by the stuff on the wall. I could only see the last name, but I was sure it had another ink trace above it.

It was a leaf form with the pale green color. To see the painting clearly, I got rid off all the stuff. I couldn't believe more about what I found.

It was a big family tree!

Most of the family names were faded but the first generation had written clearly in a big letter. It was Alden Ballard and Isabel Southgravs.

Some of them had an old name. The last descendant’s family was my grandma’s family. She was the daughter of Carlos Ballard and Charlotte Blevins.

They had daughters, named Lesedi La Rona and Elizabeth Astley, both name was crossed by the red line.

After the Ballard daughter’s names, there was written Incubus. Suddenly I remembered that grandma ever said this word. It was the name of ancient mirror in her room.

I took the photos of this family tree. It would be the next hint to investigate.

to be continued...