CHAPTER 2 - INCUBUS

I saw my grandma sat by the window on the second floor with her favorite shawl around her neck.

Sometimes, I saw her talked to herself. As if she met her oldest dearest friend.

I thought it was a weird thing to do, but then my mom said that it was normal for an old person because they became more emotional to deal with the silence.

She said that the silence was the loudest sound in the world, especially for my grandma.

In the morning, I lied back on the yard. The grass touched my skin, it felt rough and dry.

I looked at the sky. It was a cloudy day with no sunlight to touch my skin, or it was because I lied under the oak tree. I raised my hand to feel the brezee.

"Hi boy, what are you doing?" said Marty.

He looked at me. His looked older with the long beard and dirty face. His body smelled like fertilizer. He must be come from the back yard.

"My I ask you something?"

He nodded, put down his gardening utentils, then he sat beside me.

"Why did the gate have La Rona's name on it?" I asked.

He said simply, "Your grandma's name is Lesedi La Rona, that's why we have her name on it."

I frowned, it didn't relate with England name.

"Have you eaten your breakfast? Your grandma waits for you in her room." said Marty.

He looked at my grandma's room on the second floor. She was there by the window, stood and looked outside steadily. Her eyes was inviting me to come and eat some breads.

***

I brought her favorite breakfast, a warm milk and a bread. I knocked my grandma's room.

"Grandma, this is me." I said it close to the door.

I heard she said, "Come in." in a low voice.

I rotated the door knob and took the first step into her room.

I smelled the jasmine aroma spreaded out in the air, then I saw a bucket full of jasmine lied on the floor near the dressing table. On the floor, I saw an aesthetic rug was beautifully designing the room.

The room color was dominated by the dark blue color. It almost looked like the night sky. My eyes catched the big painting on the wall, it was really interesting.

An enourmous diamond painting in the white color. Under the painting, there was a name Lesedi La Rona.

"What a beautiful diamond." I said when I put down the milk and bread on the table.

She wrinkled her eyebrows and her slight smile made her face was covered by the line of flabby skin.

"You must be a beautiful lady when you were young." I said.
She was blushing.

"I was the prettiest member of Ballard family." she said confidently.

"I believe it," I couldn't help to laugh.

She took her bread, smeared with the peanut butter, then drink the milk.

I examined the room and saw something covered by the white curtain, "Is this another painting?"

She opened wide her eyes, her mouth gaped.

"Don't touch it!" she said, "It is an ancient mirror!"

I startled. She stood steadily like a young woman with the strong bone and so much far from the elders.
I stepped back slowly as my heart beating so fast.

She never shouted at me before. She looked at me for awhile and her lips were trembling. Her hand was clutching the milk glass, it was trembling too!

"Incubus!" she was tremor.

Her eyes widen and empty, as if she was daydreaming. The room looked shadowy as the clouds became darker.

The rain felt from the sky, suddenly it gave her blue. She cried over the rain and slowly pierced to the wall. There was hanging an ancient mirror with the white curtain covered it.