7. Black Kitty Cat

Chapter 7 : Black Kitty Cat

"Heya guys!" Ali brightly welcomed us as we entered her hospital room. I kinda sheepishly waved at her as Luke gave her a hug.

I wasn't trying to be awkward but the last time we saw each other was quite an awkward situation.

"Come here and give me a hug you! I haven't seen you in like ages!" she opened up her arms towards me. I immediately ran to her and gave her a full hug. How I missed her. Although she did look more pale than usual which made me sad but she sounded fine.

"I missed you too Ali," I laughed.

"Can you guys like kidnap me from this jail place? I'm gonna die of boredom!" she said as she let go of me.

"Sorry bro, but you gotta stay one more day," Luke said.

"Right..." Ali grunted and crossed her arms.

"Is everything ok though?" I asked worriedly. I knew she didn't like talking about serious stuff but I had to know if she was ok.

"Yeah! I'm good. It was just a little fainting, like what you had the other day," she chuckled.

"What? You fainted?" Luke started laughing. "How come?"

"Ugh that doesn't matter right now. I'm just concerned because it seems like it's more serious with you. Cause I didn't end up in a hospital..." I scratched my head.

"You worry too much child. I'm just anemic, that's all. But I'll be fine, don't worry." She shrugged.

"Just anemic?! Isn't that like one step closer to leukemia?" I stammered, feeling a little frustrated because she wasn't taking this seriously. I probably should calm down but after what happened with my mom, I didn't want to go through the same thing with my best friend.

"Hey man, I'm serious, I'll be okay," she said calmly as she extended her hand out to me.

I sighed and grabbed onto her hand. She smiled up at me and squeezed my hand. I smiled back at her. I knew she understood how I was feeling. When out of the blue Luke decided to say the stupidest thing, like always.

"Soooooo we still going to that party right?" He got closer to us and gave us puppy eyes.

"Fuck yeah!" Ali shouted out and I looked at both of them in disbelief, letting go of Ali's hand.

"Wait, you still gonna go to the detention and the party?!" I was so done with them.

"Pfft, you betcha! I wanna see them kids get wild and video tape it so I can show them how ridiculous they looked," she laughed evilly.

"Hell no, you're not in a good condition to go to a stupid party Ali," I stated with concern. It was true. She's too fragile to be going to a party that isn't worth risking her health.

Ali started to pout and do puppy dog eyes. I glared at her, it wasn't going to work.

"Can I still go?" Luke asked.

"Hey! No fair! You can't go if I can't go," Ali said.

"What? Now that's unfair," Luke said back.

As they were disputing of how unfair it was about not going to the party, I was thinking that maybe we should just call off going to the party. I mean, I'd rather hang out with my close friends than strangers who aren't gonna remember anything the next day. Sophia was my main reason to go, but maybe I can invite her to hang out with us instead. I can even invite Lana, since she was going to go with me. That's that.