The Evil Within

Evil Within

The cruelest intentions

No... You're not actually here with me after all this time. You're just a manifestation of my inner desires... But to what extent? Have I manifested you because those carnal urges are threatening to break free, and wreck havoc on some poor soul? Or... Are you here to remind me that you still exist within the depths of my mind? The evil within me... My true personality...

Why must you follow me? I can hear the padlocks and chains you wear drag across the ground. You're eerie, ominous presence does nothing to soothe my mental state. I assume that's the point. Your face... Always hidden behind that executioner hood... Does that symbolize the way I refuse to accept that vile part of me? Will my inner desires be the cause of my demise should I pursue them? I gave in once... The shame of my actions will live with me forever. My guilt shall never fade. I suppose that would mean, neither would you.

Why do you have that damned safe? I swore never to bring that back into my presence again. Do you wish for me to open it? To condone with what I did? To turn the contents of it to the authorities and have the law give me my just deserts? I am a reputable individual. This would be a scandal if it got out... I will not stand for it. I will not give into whatever it is you want me to do.

You seek to consume me. Though I know, you're only an apparition.

I despise your very existence even if you are my own manifestation. We're bound to each other it seems. You wish to maintain a stasis of some sort... That will never happen. We may be bound together, expected to live as one, but I eternally hate you. As much as it was deliciously intoxicating to let go that one and only time... I refuse to accept you. I hate you. If I were to accept you, then I will begin to hate myself more than I already do. That, is enough to keep me from submitting.