Chapter 42

STEPH's POV

"So basically you had amnesia before? When you were a child?" Bri asked. We are here at our favorite cafe.

Katatapos lang namin mamili. Me, Bri and Camille and we decided to eat first before going home and preparing for Christmas eve.

I had a hard time deciding what to give to Laurence since he already has everything.

In the end, I chose a personalized vertical bar necklace for men, with his and my name engraved on it.

"Yes, I also can't believe it. I mean, she'a a daughter of a very influential and powerful family" Camille said.

I saw Bri nod and sighed.

"I guess it's time for you to know everything. Since you regained your memory back" she said at agad na kumunot ang noo ko.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Nakita ko rin ang pagtataka sa mukha ni Camille.

"Remember, I told you back then that there is a reason why we chose to hurt you."

Tumango ako. Waiting for her to continue.

"It was actually after you said yes to Tristan. A guy approached him telling that he should stay away from you. Since that person didn't tell him the reason why, Tristan ignored it."

She sipped on her Frappe.

"Tristan thought na baka napagtripan lang siya noong araw na yun kaya kinalimutan na nya. And ever since naman walang gumulo sa relasyon niyong dalawa. Until he asked you to marry him. Doon na nagulo ang lahat. That person came back and told him that he is not the right person for you. That's when Tristan discovered who you really are. That person said that there is someone who's already promised to be your husband"

"What?" Gulat na tanong ni Camille. Hindi rin ako makapaniwala sa narinig. I knew there is something wrong back then dahil lahat ng nanliligaw sa akin ay bigla bigla na lang tumitigil the next day. Si Tristan lang actually ang nagtagal.

"Of course, Tristan did not believe it at first. But that person threatened his whole family. That's the time when Tristan asked for my help and he told me the whole story."

"Do you know who that person is?"

"It's your brother Aldrei. I am sorry Steph for not telling you. But your brother said you might get confused if you had learned the truth. Akala ko noon itinago lang ng pamilya mo ang totoo at hindi mo alam na may fiance ka. Yun pala you had amnesia"

Umiling ako at ngumiti. "That was all in the past. Besides, this is the best for us right? I have Laurence now."

"But Steph, if that person stopped your relationship with Tristan, would it be the same with Titus?" Camille asked.

Umiling ako "No. Because Laurence is my promised husband"

----

"Merry Christmas!" It's already midnight and we greeted each other a Merry Christmas. Iniabot na din namin ang mga gifts sa isa't isa.

I sent a quick message to Damon, Philip, Bri, Tristan, Stanley, Matt and Ced.

"Merry Christmas Tito, Tita!" I hugged tita Carol and tito Daniel.

"Merry Christmas iha" ganting bati nila sa akin.

Sunod ko namang niyakap at binati sina Tita Laura at Tito Tobias.

"Merry Christmas Cams!" Iniabot ko ang gift ko kay Camille and she also did the same. I hugged her tight.

"Merry Christmas Steph!"