(DOWN) Dead naming

Dead naming is really fucking harmful tbh. Like family members of Trans kids/adults don't realize how damaging it is to a trans person. No matter where you are on the Transgender and Gender non-confirming spectrum for most of us dead naming sucks ass. People forget that our dead name or old name as some people like to call it, is not who we are anymore. We try to escape that person that we try so hard not to be.

For me personally, dead naming makes me really dysphoric. I also have people in my life who purposely call me by my dead name just to get a reaction out of me or because they don't care.

My mom for example, she normally calls me my nickname because it's easier for her but there are days where she does it without caring/thinking and that hurts... A lot.
I've expressed to both my parents that name makes me uncomfortable and really dysphoric. But i don't think my parents understand my dysphoria at all and that just fucking sucks.

Calling someone by there preferred name and pronouns saves lives.
My name is Grayson. My name is Grayson! MY NAME IS GRAYSON!!
Whether my parents like it or not, that's my name and that's gonna be my name legally eventually.

Sorry for the rant. Its just my mom had been dead naming me a lot recently and its making me anxious and depressed to be honest...

(Word count: 249 words)