Chapter 9: "Target"

L held my shoulders and slowly instructed me on how to walk without falling. I listened and made my way towards his car- no limousine. I sat down as he shut the door of the limo, the vehicle lit up and we began to move. I looked at L and then looked back down. "So, what will we do now?" I said with a pretty bored tone. "I mean, we already know it's Light!" I said with desperation. "Nothing." Ryuzaki said looking up towards me. "You are a target now."

Me? A target? "What are you talking about?" I said sitting up straight in the back seat of the limousine. "He knows you saw him smile, he's probably going to kill you next." L said a bit too calmly. My heart began to throb. Kill me?! I held my chest and shut my eyes tight in an arched position. "Sorry that was insensitive!" Ryuzaki said quickly stopping the limousine. He climbed into the backseat and then made his way towards me. "You okay?" He said calmly, his voice made my heart stop hurting.

"Please don't say things like that." I said turning away from him. I glanced at him for a second and then saw that he looked very remorseful. "I-I'm sorry." He mumbled quietly with a surprising stutter, his face was turned to the bottom of the vehicle. I turned back at him and then gave him a quick smile. He looked back up at me and then his remorse faded into relief. He was glad I was okay.

"I only said what I said because I am worried." Ryuzaki continued. Him? Worried? I think I got the wrong guy... haha. He pat my shoulders and then climbed back into the front seat, the engine roared back on. "Anyway, we will tell Chief Yagami what we found out today." Ryuzaki said with a basic tone. "But... I mean will he listen?" I answered quickly with nervousness in my voice.

"What do you mean?" L continued as he stopped at a red light. "It's his son for goodness sake!" I said with a hint of sass.  "I guess that makes sense." He replied as the lights faded back into green. The cat began moving again and eventually we made it to the headquarters. "Hey, am I the only girl in the task force?" I said while walking towards the headquarters door. "Well there is another one." Ryuzaki stated whilst opening the door for me.

"Really, who?" I said quickly, eager to know. "Well, it's Lights girlfriend... I assume her to be the second Kira." He stated whilst the back of his thumb leaned against his top and bottom lip.  "Woah, you hire the worst people huh?" I said raising an eyebrow. "You mean Matsuda?" Ryuzaki said looking at me confused. I facepalmed.

"Anyways, who even is Lights girlfriend?" I said lifting my hand off my face. "Misa Amane." L said with a smirk. "A celebrity?!" I said leaning my face in front of his. "Your joking right?!" I continued with my eyelids shot open. "Haha, wish I was." Ryuzaki said with a surprisingly sad tone. He looked downwards and then looked back up.

"It really doesn't matter what I wish, just the outcome and what matters." He convinced himself. "Are you crazy?!" I said jumping in front of him. "Your opinion matters!" I said, still not believing my ears. "I make accusations, and then prove them... that's my job." He said raising an eyebrow.

That's outrageous... he's outrageous. "Nothing matters to you?" I said, hoping he would decline. "Of coarse, to be proper... distractions should be eliminated from the mind." I can't believe this!!