Chapter Four

The world used to be a wondrous place many centuries ago. That was filled with daemons, witches, and vampires, now in the twenty-first century, they are but gone. Overtaken by humans who don't realize that we live among them. -Pippa Procter

Laughter I could hear children's laughter. Sun was shining in my eyes as the child's laughter gets closer to me "Mummy, Papa's waiting for us" The child spoke to me, they take my hand and pulls me onto my feet. 

I could not see the child's face, and it was like my eye weren't in focus. But their hair dark chocolate brown was being tossed in the wind as we get closer to a tall figure on the hill "See mummy, Papa is there". Suddenly we were standing next to the man, the child in his arms both facing away from me until the man turned his head. 

The striking stormy blue eyes of Matthew Cerlmount were staring back at me with a small but warm smile upon his face. He takes steps towards me. I felt so confused. " My dear, are you alright ?" He places a hand on my shoulder ..... 

I woke up 

I woke up. That was a dream or a vision of the future I didn't know. I heard outside of my room, Diana pacing in the living room talking to our aunts. Sarah and Emily. I lived with them mostly through the summers during my teens and early adulthood. I loved them like my own parents. While Diana spoke to Sarah, I had to run to the toilet, about to throw up. 

Oh yeah, Morning sickness. RIght. I almost forgot I was pregnant—the child with the dark chocolate brown hair. The thought came back to me quickly as the morning sickness went. Groaning and laying my head in my hands. I had yet to tell Diana or our aunts. Sarah will be the most shocked, where Emily will be understanding. Diana, I don't know though I know my cousin well. Her reactions can be unexpected. 

Diana gets me some water while still on the phone with Sarah Thaking her silently as she argues about returning Ashmole 782. Then hangs up on Sarah, giving her a sympathetic smile that made her mood brightens a little though not much.

We both sit on the sofa in our flat after Diana made both of us some tea though mine was slightly weaker than I would usually have, she American through and through. "Pippa. Are you alright? Are you sick? Do you have a bug?" She wittily her worries about me to me until there is nothing else for her to say. All the while, I sip my tea. Taking her hand into mine, "I'm fine. Something just didn't agree with me. Also, I've gotten that research job" she nods "Well they allow me to start in the evening so I can catch up on my lost sleep. Speaking of sleep I'm gonna go back to bed". Before getting up, she hugs me. "I don't want my favourite cousin to get sick and tell me not to worry. Your practically my sister" I could almost feel her love and worry about me. I hug back tightly before letting go. "I'm your only cousin, Dia" I call ou her as I get to my room. 

Soon as my head was near the pillow, I was dreaming again about the dark-haired child or children. Sometimes there was one then two and sometimes three. Every time I got close enough to see their faces, they would be placed further away from me. At the same time, Matthew was beside me, encouraging me to find the child(ren). 

I woke again this time to my phone alarm. Which I didn't remember setting, Diana must have put it for me. Getting dressed on a sweater and yoga pants, I had a feeling that I would be wearing them a lot while I was pregnant. As  I was getting dressed, I noticed my small and almost missable belly bump that wasn't there yesterday. Then again, I wasn't pregnant until the afternoon. I had to get to the lab to tell Matthew.

I called for a taxi to take me close to the lab. I let myself in though no one was there, quickly sending Matthew a message that I was there. Soon getting a call to stay there and that he'll be there soon. Sitting down while I rub my small protruding stomach absentmindedly.