|case|

"who are you?
what are you to
each other?
what past are you
hiding from me?
from us?"

"who are you? what are you toeach other?what past are youhiding from me?from us?"

-third person pov-

the hallways were crowded due to all the students. everyone was running out to get home. there were always two types of students; the ones that go home straight away or the ones that go down to the cafe to hang out.

while all the students were rushing out of the school, renjun and sungchan where nowhere to be seen; hwayoung was told that something had come up so they were going home later.

donghyuck and mark on the other hand were 'cleaning' the school. all that while hwayoung was still left in the school library; studying for an upcoming test that was 40% of her grade.

sitting at the very back of the library, she popped her earphones into her ears; turning on some study music. the quiet comfort of the library, the slow music that played in her ears. everything felt so calming for her.

"psst! hwayoung." a voice whisper yelled at her. hwayoung looked at her surroundings, questioning where the voice was. although she did recognise whose voice it was.

"to your left."

whipping her head to the left, she saw mark standing there. seeing him wipe the book shelves, she couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"hyunwoo is coming! hyung get wiping!" donghyuck whispered to mark. hwayoung diverted her eyes back to her books. seeing a familiar figure walk closer to her, she continued to study.

"hwayoung! let's continue what we didn't finish. i need to talk to you about your grades."

showing him a faint smile, she nods her head at hyunwoo. "so i've recently been noticing that your grades are slightly dropping and-"

"excuse me but i need to clean the table." donghyuck walks up to their table. hyunwoo let out an irritated huff before helping hwayoung move her things to a different table. "thank you sir." donghyuck replied. hwayoung noticed the stank eye that hyunwoo gave donghyuck.

mark walked to hyunwoo, tapping his shoulder. "sir i need the keys to your office."

"oh..well my keys aren't on me currently. didn't the other cleaning team give it to you?" mark shakes his head in return. hyunwoo restrained himself from going crazy at mark.

"alright then. come with me. and hwayoung, we'll continue this tomorrow." hyunwoo walks off, not glancing back at neither mark, hwayoung or donghyuck.

mark turned to hwayoung, showing her a smile before leaving off with hyunwoo. hwayoung let out a relieved sigh while plopping herself back into her seat.

"see ya later, senorita." donghyuck sends hwayoung a wink before fleeing the library.
———
-mark's pov-

i followed hyunwoo to the staff room. letting my eyes scan the area, i didn't notice anything out of ordinary. "my keys should be somewhere here." i noticed hyunwoo hovering his hands over a pile of leather boxes.