|music box|

"without you i don't speak.
you're the handle that
causes me to speak and sing.
if you leave,
the music box will
never let out
another sound."

-third person pov-

-third person pov-

hwayoung walked into renjun's office, sitting down onto the spare chair next to him.

"hey jun what are you doing?" she asked in a quiet voice. hwayoung looked up to the startled boy.

"oh gosh you scared me. oh i'm just doing some research on a guy."

"who?"

"choi juwon. assumingly drug dealer. he was seen with your mum in thailand." renjun nonchalantly answered. at this point, she didn't even know if she could call areum her mother anymore. there were so many things she didn't know about her own mother.

"flower look at me." renjun said while turning his chair to face hwayoung. she turns to face renjun with a confused face. hwayoung couldn't explain what it was but seeing renjun's soft expression made her heart go crazy.

renjun cups her face with his hands, looking her dead into the eye.

"i know that you don't trust your mum but nevertheless she's still your mum. i get that you're probably mad at her or sad, i don't know; however she's still your mum. i never truly knew about renxiang's true colours and it hurts me to know that she was being fake but, she's still my sister and i love her for that. i'm still thankful for all the things she did for me even if they were fake. i know it's hard to realise that and be thankful for her right now but with time, you'll start to realise all the little things."

finishing his talk with a small peck on her forehead. hwayoung could feel her heart grow warm at his words. she could feel the heat rushing up to her cheeks at the sudden contact. the two of them stared at each other, the eye contact not leaving for even a second. renjun brings his hand up to her cheek, gently caressing it with a small smile.

the urge he had to tell her how beautiful she was. the temptation he had to just tell her how much she meant to him.

just then, the door bursts open; revealing a panicked sicheng.

"look, sorry to interrupt but renjun we need you. something happened to taeyong, jaehyun, doyoung and yuta. we can't reach them because their earpieces disconnected. the other 4 also can't go to them because the opening closed. c'mon renjun."

sicheng rushes back to he and taeil's office after the quick explanation.

"sorry flower. maybe later." renjun says, placing a small kiss on the top of her head. she watched as he ran out the room with his earpiece in hand. slumping her shoulders in worry. she wondered if the members in incheon were okay or not. she especially worried for doyoung.

renjun, sicheng, hendery and taeil were in the hacking room. although they all had their own shared office, there was one room in the whole hq that was fit for all hacking members.