The vial

Hey guys it's me the author Riley. This is the first chapter of my hopefully on going book stupid, Deadly, Love. I have some quick notes- first I'm not entirely following the plot of what happens in the 5th movie/book. It will have the same characters and idea but I won't be focusing on most of that. - second, most of the characters belong to J.K Rowling🤢and I DO NOT take credit for the plot and characters that she has created. -Third, I'm am very open to suggestions and helpful tips. Please inform me in a nice way:) that would be very helpful. - Lastly thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the start of my new book. Sorry for the long rant.

Chapter 1

Ara's POV

           Over the course of the 4 years I attended at Hogwarts, it has been the best and worst time of my life. Through being sorted into Slytherin and making amazing life-lasting friends, to having my dad being killed and me going through the hardest time in my life. While living an amazing (not perfect) but amazing life. I just started my 5th year at Hogwarts last month, but already my school year has been difficult. My friends tho, are so amazing, they are my life. They kept me going through my dad's death and every night I would lie awake wanted everything to just end. Being in  Slytherin, people think you're all mean and royals living a life at the top of the chain. But no, thinking back to everything that happened throughout my life, through love through the hate and the madness, my life has been kind of a joke. It is still a joke. Mostly a shit show, but somehow I managed to get through it all. The main thing that kept me going through school was weed and alcohol. I can definitely say that my life is nothing of the ordinary.

         Now I'm here. Lying in my bed in the dust of down before any of my friends wake up. Staying perfectly still thinking about everything and nothing at the same time. To be honest I've been up since 5 am with another nightmare and it's currently 6 am. Just when the early risers will start to get up. Including my best friend Lily, she's always up before everyone. I don't know how she does it if I'm honest. She practically party's all night every night with our friends including myself. She might seem like a normal girl, but she is so far from normal. Lily is the only girl I truly trust with my life. I would sacrifice myself for her and she would do the same for me if it came down to it. Then there's Pansy, it's kind of hard to describe that one. You think Lily's crazy. Wait until you meet Pansy. Maybe one of the smartest and dumbest girls in our school. Aside from the fact that she slept with half of our grade, she's also a hard partier. I mean we all are, but that girl is just crazy. I don't even know how she hasn't been expelled yet. No wonder she was still asleep, I think she was screwing around with some Huffle puff last night. I mean she wasn't back by the time I went to bed but now she here sleeping peacefully, probably after a long night of sex. I'm not one to judge tho, we've all had our bad share of relationships. I know Lily had something going on with Goyle. I think she still has something going on with Goyle. However Pansy is still the sweetest girl here, always giving the best advice.

           I turn my head and look at the big old clock hung in between Pansy and Lily's bed. 6:30 am. Lily should be waking up any moment now. I look back down at Lily and of course, she's starting to move her body ever so slightly, indicating that she's about to wake up. She moves her hands over her face and lets out a moan of exhaustion. After a night of parting I presume, it makes sense. The next moment Lily fluttered her eyes open. She looks up at me and I can just tell she only got less than an hour of sleep from the bags under her eyes. I don't even know why she's awake, I mean it's Saturday. Maybe it's just out of habit, I don't understand her sometimes. "Morning, Ara," she says with a croaky voice, looking over at Pansy to see if she's awake, which she isn't. My full name is Arabella Mora Calimeris, named after my greek great-grandma.

"Morning," I say back with just as much exhaustion in my voice. Since school started, I haven't really had a good night of sleep. But has anyone? Snape is a real pain in my ass and gives us homework every single night. Other than the homework, I really enjoy defense against the dark. I don't know why, but I just feel satisfied while learning about the dark arts.