Christmas Ball

———————————————————————————
It's been barely a week now, and the ball was now tonight. The ball normally takes place in the first week of December, as students soon go home for the holiday break. Nothing exciting happened this week-Draco has been acting like his normal bitchy self, Blaise being charming, and Lily and Pansy simply being Lily and Pansy. Draco rolled his eyes so much this week, I'm starting to think that his eyes are going to get stuck in his head one day. He tends to roll his eyes every time Blaise talks to me, which is a lot. Blaise has been talking to me more than he ever has before-Maybe he's just excited for the ball, I know I am.

I'm actually very happy I decided to go with Blaise. Well not decided, more forced, but I am still happy. Blaise has been awfully flirty this week, always reminding me about the ball. He says stuff like 'Try not to fall in love with me while we dance' Or 'I've been practicing my dancing skills all week' or my personal favorite. 'I cant wait to see you in your dress' I think that's a tiny bit funny; It at least always makes me smile. Blaise has a weird effect on me, like every time he smiles I get butterflies, or I smile. However, that also has been happening with Draco too; a lot lately. I know, pathetic, but I mean, they're just both so, you know..... I know there my friends, and I probably don't have a chance with them. Not saying that I want to.

Ugh! Now I'm all flustered what is happening to me?

     I'm now getting ready for the ball, along with Pansy and Lily. The boys are probably waiting in the common room with their dates. Well, actually, I don't think Crabbe or Goyle got dates. I almost feel bad for Goyle, Lily really broke his heart and I don't think he's gotten over her. Draco however, is taking Lacey Trilake to the ball. It's obvious why he asked her to go with him, he just wants to use her for sex. It's ridiculous how some girls can fall for his little mind trick. Have sex with the man once, and he now has you wrapped around his long finger. Lacey, of course, wanted to go with him, I mean the girl is kind of obsessed with him. Draco doesn't seem to mind though, having sex whenever he wants is a perk for him.

"Oh shit! I messed up my eyeliner, once again!" I cry out from inside the bathroom. The dim, green-tinted light makes it almost impossible to do any type of makeup right.

"Here let me help," Pansy says while walking into the bathroom wearing a stunning tight black dress; her hair and makeup to perfection. Damn, how did she get ready so quick and still look absolutely stunning? Here I am with partially curled hair, messed up makeup, and half-naked with only a bra and underwear on. Pansy takes my shoulders and forced me to look at her frowning face. I think the 'I need help' look I have is the reason she's all upset. "Ok. This is fixable, it's going to be fine" she says comely while grappling a wipe and fixing my eyeliner.

"I don't think this can be fixed" I moan slightly slouching my posture in defeat. I look over at my dress that is hanging up by the shower. How the hell am I supposed to pull that off? I lack the beauty and confidence to wear that dress. I was snapped back into reality with Pansy's sharp voice.

"Done"

"Done?" I say looking at my tanned self in the mirror.

"Done" She restores looking at me with a smile on her face. I have to hand it to Pansy, she really knows how to do makeup. All she did was fix my eyeliner, but the man did it make a difference.

"Thanks, Pan's," I grin looking at her face, then down her dress. "You know you look drop-dead gorgeous"

She gives a playful sigh. "I know, so hot, I bet the whole school will be looking at me" She laughs, obviously joking.

"Yes, you look hot" I giggle taking in her appearance. "Lily must love it," I say trying to compress my laugh that is trying to reach the surface of my now beautified face.