secret love

Y/N's POV :

You pushed the door open to the small cafe, which was hidden in a corner of the city, and wasn't too well known. These were all perfect qualities for a secret date location with Jihyo. A bell tinkled upon your entry, and you scanned the room. Your eyes spotted your girlfriend immediately.

Even with her face mostly covered, a hat hiding her features, she still managed to light up the corner in which she sat, and your attention gravitated to her instantly. The two of you hadn't arrived there together, as your relationship was still private, and you wouldn't want to risk any suspicions being raised should somebody see you together and recognise her.

You didn't take your eyes off her as you crossed the cafe, and she noticed you just as you sat down opposite to her.

She gave you a smile which made your heart flutter. "I already ordered for us."

You smiled back at her, speaking your thanks. You trusted that she knew your tastes well, and when your drinks came, you certainly weren't disappointed. She had requested your favourite beverage, and you couldn't help but grin into your cup.

The cafe was rather hot and stuffy, and Jihyo must have thought the same. Her cheeks were tinted a rosy red colour, and she removed her hat in order to toss her hair back, running her hands through it. The sight was so beautiful that you could only gaze at her, your mouth slightly agape. It was everything you could do not to lean over the table and kiss her right there.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a small girl coming over to your table, standing anxiously next to the two of you."E-Excuse me..." she spoke in a timid voice. "Are you Jihyo from Twice?"

She seemed young, and you suspected she was no older than twelve. She was clearly shy, and you didn't deem her a threat, so you simply sat back and let her exchange words with Jihyo. With Twice's bursting and growing fame, Jihyo was being recognised more and more often by fans. It usually wasn't a problem, though, and they rarely gave you any trouble.

You watched as your sweet girlfriend gifted the fan with an autograph, and it looked as though she was ready to leave. However, before she departed, she leaned slightly closer to Jihyo. "Who's... who's she?" she asked in a whisper, indicating towards you.

"Ah, this is... my manager, Y/N," Jihyo gave a tight-lipped smile to accompany her words, and you could tell how much she hated hiding the fact that you were her girlfriend .

You nodded to the fan, giving her a small, polite and friendly smile. Thankfully, she accepted this, and said her goodbyes before she left.

"Ugh," she let out a groan before throwing her head into her hands. "I hate our relationship being private. I just want to hold your stupid hand in front of everyone. Is that too much to ask?" she huffed. The disappointed pout she showed on her face caused your heart to melt.

"I know, baby, I'm sorry. But we don't know what it would do to your career."

A sigh left her parted lips, which she had painted pink. "I know... But really, I don't think I can do this much longer. I think..." she hesitated for a moment before looking you directly in the eyes. "I think we should make this public."

"Are you sure?" you asked her. "It's completely up to you, but I want you to be certain." You didn't let your overwhelming excitement spill into your voice, but you were elated to hear that she was ready. This would mean that the two of you could finally share those loving glances in public; you could finally press sweet kisses to her cheeks, out in the open.

She nodded eagerly, the expression on her face mirroring the happiness you felt inside. "We can talk to the company tomorrow."

"It's settled," you agreed, sharing a lovestruck expression with her before you took a sip of your drink.

Slowly, she extended her hand, letting it rest on yours on top of the table. Your heart soared. You could definitely get used to this.