Hunter

Many Years later, I was absolutely large. I was taller than most of the trees and I absolutely dominated. I had a horrible case of claustrophobia and i was in the same paddock every single day. I was so tired of everything. I would constantly hear noise outside and I wondered what the world was like. There is so much things to explore yet I was stuck in here.

And frustration I would knock down trees. At one point I refuse to eat. They dropped the same foul smelling me that they do knock me unconscious that one day to retrieve the body of my brother. Of course I was smart and I didn't fall for this trick.

I suppose the humans figured there was something wrong with me. They couldn't get me to eat the meat so they switched to something I hated even more. They tried shooting me with tranquilizer darts. When they injected me, I was too strong and it had very little effect. Of course I would have a head ache or I felt sleepy but it never took over me.

I lasted for about two weeks when I felt like i would fall conscious. I fell sleep deep in the dense jungle so the humans wouldn't find me. I slept in short burst and I was incredibly tired. It was not healthy and I felt my strength slowly draining away.

It was cruel for the humans to make me this miserable. I had so much questions about humans. I had no idea what was going on. I was confused and depressed. It was like they wanted to drive me mad.

...

I paced the walls of the cage, sniffing for something to do. The air smelled slightly different and I lifted my snout and sniffed the air. Instantly, I knew there was a goat in the paddock. My mouth dropped saliva as I rushed towards the smell.

...

I remember the first time they gave me a goat; it was months ago. They had it tied up to a pole. It was a small hairy creature that had the weirdest roar. It trembled in my presence and I instantly ate it.

It was different from the meat they usually feed me so I was ok with that. The humans gave me the goat at random times.

Then I got bored.

Why were they just feeding me the goat? I didn't want to be fed! I was perfectly capable of catching my own food! The goat was trying to get away from me so obviously it could run!

I curiously poked it, knowing that the humans were constantly keeping me under surveillance. I studied the leash it was tied to and gently snapped the leash with my claws and the goat took off running. I was startled at first but chased after the slow animal and devoured it.

Is that what hunting was? Chasing after your prey? It felt good and I wanted to do it more often. It angered me that they just fed it to me.

After that, the humans fed me goats more often and this time without the leash and I got to them hunt down.

Watching the goats run helplessly around as fun and the reward at the end was satisfying.

Some how I knew goats weren't the only thing that could be hunted. Hunting felt good and I longed for more. I started to wonder what humans would taste like...

But humans weren't stupid. They wouldn't come close to me if the were dumb.

They noticed and noted that I cut loose the leashes that held the goats down. I could tell because many of the humans were staring at me through the window and communicated with each other.

They Fay after that, they fed me another but the goat was bound to a chain. It took a little more effort but I chewed through the tough rope and waited a moment before darting after it.

I saw it in a clearing. The sun shone right on it like it was a spotlight. I felt invisible... my scales cooled to the temperature around me and they shafted to the colors around me. I don't know how but I could do it. It was an instinct... helping me to survive.

I was surprised the goat didn't notice me when I snatched it up and gobbled it, chain and horns.

I now knew I could camouflage