Eugene's New Toy

Elsa's POV

I noticed that Eugene wasn't at the cottage all week. I was relieved in a weird way. One less man always looking at me. One less creep always stalking me. I needed a break from all eyes on me. Jack had been pretty good to me for the week. I didn't get any punishments, and I had to tell him what Eugene said to me. I was absolutely terrified with his reaction.

"He.....said......WHAT?!" Jack slowly stated getting louder. I was shaking and I felt like he was going to take his anger out on me. "I swear I am going to KILL him when he gets back." Jack said. We talked for a little bit, and then the door opened. I couldn't believe what I saw.

Eugene came through the door, dragging a blonde girl by the wrist. I knew exactly who it was. It was Rapunzel. Her hair was really long, and I knew why. They had extremely strange ways of teaching discipline if we didn't listen. Rapunzel tried to escape once from someone that bought her, and she broke free and started running. When they caught her, Gothel punished her in probably the weirdest way possible. I don't really understand why, but she wouldn't let Rapunzel cut her hair at all since the incident happened. Rapunzel has been growing out her hair for 6 years. It was braided back so it didn't drag around.

Rapunzel looked at me with wide eyes and was mentally begging for help. Jack told me to take her up the stairs to my room, because we had to share. Without hesitation I got up and took her upstairs. 

We went into the room and I closed to door behind me. When I turned around, I was taken off guard by Rapunzel grabbing me and pulling me in for a desperate yet honest embrace. She was shaking. "Oh god, what's he gonna do to me Elsa? What have they done to you? How long are you here for? Am I going to be here alone?!" Rapunzel looked me eye to eye and started firing questions at me straight away. I did my best to answer. 

"I don't really know what he's going to do to you, Jack owns me, not Eugene. So far, I've been whipped once and it felt like h*ll. I don't know how long I'm suppose to be here. Don't worry, I will do everything in my power to stay by your side." I tried to calm her down. "But we are owned by different people. I can't really tell what's going to happen to you because I don't know how Eugene punishes. Jack has been pretty good to me so far, aside from the whipping. Just try and stay on your best behavior and you should be in the clear.". 

Rapunzel and I talked for a little bit longer until the boys called us downstairs. I just walked to the door without hesitation. Rapunzel was still sitting on the edge of the bed, trembling. I grabbed her arm and said, "Hey, it'll be ok, just follow my lead." and with that, she got up and walked with me. As we were walking down the stairs, I could tell that she was hiding behind me in fear. 

"Elsa, do you two know each other?" Jack asked me. I responded straight away, "Y-yes. We have known each other for.....umm....how long Rapunzel?" I asked her to try and calm her nerves. She put her chin on my shoulder and looked at the guys. She whispered to me, "8 years.". "Right! 8 years. We were captured together on the same day, and our cages were near each other as well." I tried my hardest to stay strong for her, but I was a nervous wreck too. "Did you two ever talk to each other Rapunzel?" Eugene asked her. I couldn't help her this time, she had to answer. "Umm....n-n-no.... they w-wouldn't let u-us t-t-talk at all." Rapunzel stammered out while still hiding behind me. "Elsa, come here." Jack said to me. I knew he was trying to break the barrier that I was for Rapunzel. My mind was swirling between staying by her and getting punished, or obeying and leaving her. I didn't know what to do, so my body just froze on the spot.

"Elsa, come here now." Jack said again. I felt my body move slowly as I walked over to him. Rapunzel looked at me with betrayal tugging at her face. I felt so bad as I went over to Jack. "Sit. I'll be back to talk to you in a minute." he said to me. I was so scared. I haven't seen that look since the day I got whipped. I knew punishment was just around the corner. "Rapunzel, go back upstairs. I'll come get you later." Eugene said. Rapunzel looked at me one more time, and then slowly walked up the stairs. Jack and Eugene went upstairs to their room. I was guessing they were talking about us getting along or something.

I saw Jack come back downstairs, while Eugene stayed upstairs in their room. I was shaking in fear as he sat next to me. "I didn't want to do this in front of Rapunzel." Jack started. I felt sick to my stomach when I heard what he was saying. I felt more abuse coming on. "Do you know why Rapunzel's hair is so long? I kinda need some backstory if I'm going to understand your relationship." he was surprisingly calm while talking to me. It didn't change the fact that I was still scared. "She tried to run away once. As punishment to make sure she wouldn't do it again, Gothel banned her from haircuts at all. She was kind of lucky considering the fact that they always do a sh*ty job of cutting our hair. Mine is a horrible wreck from it actually." I was surprised I didn't stutter at all when I spoke. My hair was a mess, that's why I always have it braided of the the side so you can't tell that it was all different lengths.

"Pull your hair down. I want to see it." Jack asked. I didn't know if this was a trap or not, but I decided to listen and comply. I took my hair out of my braid. Part of it went down to my waist, another part went to about the middle of my back, and a piece overlapped down the middle that went just below my shoulder blades. It looked like Gothel just took a scissors, blindfolded herself, and went to town as a snipping mess, which, unsurprisingly, she most likely did. I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened. "Good, turn around." he ordered. I turned around on the couch. I heard him get up, and I looked over to see him coming back with a scissors. I jumped a bit and scooted back a little nervous.

"W-w-what are you doing?!" I asked scared. "Relax, I'm just going to cut your hair to even it out. I'm not going to make it any worse." Jack explained. "And you've d-done this before?" I asked, wondering whether or not to resist. "Yes. When I was a kid, I had a little sister I had to take care of. I cut her hair all the time because our mother wouldn't, and our father was out of the picture." Jack said while trying to even out my hair. I relaxed a little bit and started thinking. His father wasn't in the picture? Did that mean he was gone? Like gone gone? As in dead?! What about his mother? Did she ever help them? Is she still alive? Is his sister still around too? Would that explain why he seemed kinda heartless, because he had a bad family situation? I was so confused, but then I heard snipping and froze in place.