Thanksgiving Memory

Konpeki was looking down at the ground. It was Thanksgiving... He usually celebrated Thanksgiving with his brother, and afterwords with Dust and rest of the Gang plus Error... But he would never get to do that again... He looked up when he heard footsteps approaching him. 

     When Konpeki looked up, he saw Kacchan. 

     "You're not acting like yourself Konpeki," he said. 

     "Oh! I'm fine! You don't have to worry about me," Konpeki told him smiling. 

     "You're not supposed to do that Konpeki," Kacchan said. 

     "What do you mean?" Konpeki said, looking away from Kacchan. 

     "You're not supposed to lie," he answered. 

     Konpeki was silent. 

     "Do you want to tell me what's bothering you?" Kacchan asked. 

     Konpeki remained silent. 

     "Ugh! I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong!" Kacchan snapped. 

     Konpeki finally looked at Kacchan, shocked. 

     "You've been like this all day! You look like your goldfish died or something!" he continued angrily. 

     "I..." Konpeki trailed off. 

     "Well?" Kacchan questioned impatiently. 

    Konpeki sighed, "Fine." 

     Konpeki told Kacchan all about it. Kacchan was silent for a moment. 

     "What about me and Aunty? What about the old hag? We could spend time with you. So don't act like your brother from another life is so much better! You may not have him... But you have us! So don't act like we're not good enough!" Kacchan yelled, almost tearing up at the end. 

     "I-" Konpeki was cut off. 

     "So don't act like I'm not good enough..." Kacchan said, looking away trying hide that he had fully teared up. 

     "Kacchan..." Konpeki trailed off. 

     Kacchan was still looking away when Konpeki suddenly hugged him. Konpeki remembered that with Kacchan it was like he had another brother. 

     "I didn't mean to act that way Kacchan! I just missed him! And of course you're good enough!" Konpeki shouted. 

     "Of course I am! Who said I wasn't good enough! I was just telling you to not act like it! And don't hug me so tight!" Kacchan yelled indignantly. 

     "Haha!" Konpeki laughed. 

     "What?! Are you laughing at me?! You better not be! And just so you know this never happened! You got that?!" Kacchan yelled. 

     This only caused Konpeki to laugh more. In the end, they had hung out for the rest of the day together until it was time to go home. Konpeki was thankful for Kacchan. Konpeki was pretty sure Kacchan was also thankful for Konpeki, not that he would admit it. 

     "Konpeki!" Konpeki heard Kacchan shout, breaking him from his memory. 

     "Don't just sit around! We have to train for the entrance exam!" Kacchan continued to shout. 

     "Haha! Sorry!" Konpeki shouted back. 

     Yeah... Konpeki was thankful for Kacchan.