Fourth Style: Parade of Summer

"Rengoku-san!"

I jogged towards the figure who was sitting by the backyard, a takuhatsugasa (straw woven hat) resting in his hands. He turned towards me with that vibrant smile of his, his eyes taking in my clothed figure. Unfortunately, we had to meet Oyakata-sama in the afternoon instead and that is a huge disadvantage for me but I do not want to pass up the chance to be accepted by Oyakata-sama. Hence, I searched high and low for the biggest coat I could find from the drawers and looped it over my head.

"You're here, Yukimi! How are you feeling? Is the sun bothering you?!" He stood up and subconsciously stood in front of me to shield me from the sun with his towering figure. I noticed his effort and smiled lovingly at him. "I'll be fine, Rengoku-san but it feels a little rude to meet Oyakata-sama like this." I motioned at the coat.

"Hmmn, introducing someone special to me to Oyakata-sama like this is quite improper."  He guided me out of the sun's range while I processed what he just said. I...am someone special to him? A wide smile spread so widely that a giddy giggle was about to leave my lips. I was so distracted by my own happiness that I did not even realised that Rengoku-san has replaced the oversized coat from my head with the takahatsugasa. The hat has a long translucent black veil attached to it and it's length stops passed my finger tips. "This should help!" Rengoku-san's voice brought me back from my trance and I peaked up at him through the veil.

"Rengoku-san...This is..." I studied the takahatsugasa, inspecting the cloth with my hands. 

"I made it!" He lifted up the veil. "With Oyakata-sama's advise." 

I smiled gratefully at him. This way, I am able to walk around the village with Rengoku-san. I am able to spend daytime with him! "Thank you so much, Rengoku-san! I will treasure it!" The man before me burst into a full blush before laughing loudly, patting my back with a little too much strength. "Don't mention it! As long as you walk normally, you should be shielded from the sun." Rengoku-san was starting to blabber gibberish and that giggle that I have been holding in came out instantly, making him end his blabbering with a sheepish smile. "Alright, al-right, Rengoku-san! I will be careful." I managed between my laughter.

"It's Kyojuro, Yukimi." 

My head shot up to meet his determined eyes. "I-I-" I inhaled lightly, my eyes never leaving his. He looked serious, he really wants me to call him by his first name. "Kyo...juro...Kyojuro. Kyojuro!"

He beamed even wider. "Hmmn! Come! Let's not keep Oyakata-sama waiting."

The walk to Oyakata-sama's residence was quite an experience. I get to meet people that walk under the same sun as Rengoku-san, they greeted him with such joy and respect that it felt assuring that he is loved by them. Upon reaching Oyataka-sama's home, 2 beautiful children with white hair greeted us before guiding us to a private room. I held onto Rengoku-san's strong arm, my nerves were all bundled up for anxiety. Worried of seeing the other Hashiras, worried that one of the swordsmen would sniffed me out. It was an early morning after all and my human scent ability might not be as strong. 

I removed the takahatsugasa as all of us sat down on the tatami mat. It wasn't long later that 2 figures joined us in the room. "Oyataka-sama, it brings me joy to see you in good health." I turned to see Rengoku-san already has his head bowed before the man. I slowly bowed my head as well but I can't helped peeking through my lashes at the serene looking man before me. He looked unwell, his condition totally contradicting Rengoku-san's greeting and this poor man has already gone blind in one eye. 

"It is an honor to meet you, Oyataka-sama." I greeted.

"It is nice to meet you too, dear Yukimi." Oyakata-sama's voice felt so soothing and gentle that it puts me at ease. I can already tell that he is a good man. "I have heard a lot about you from Kyojuro and he personally requested you to be part of the Demon Slayer Corps." 

"Yes, if you would let me, Oyakata-sama. I want to be able to put my abilities to good use and protect people from the other demons." I bowed my head even lower that my forehead was merely touching the floor. 

There was silence. Even Rengoku-san was deadly quiet. 

"Unfortunately, I cannot allow it." My head shot up and stared at the man but I should have known. That is a regular human's answer. I peered over at Rengoku-san who just maintained his smile but I could tell that he was equally disheartened. 

"Kyojuro, I understand your point of view and having Yukimi in the Demon Slayer Corps would be a great advantage for us against Muzan but I do not wish to risk her safety with the other Hashiras around. I hope you will understand my concern." Oyakata-sama looked at me with a gentle smile. 

"Of course, Oyakata-sama. I respect your decision full-heartedly!"

"But what I could do is to have you go undercover. Fight for us in the shadows and perhaps, retrieve more information regarding Muzan. I trust your abilities to do so." The gentle Oyakata-sama gifted us a warm smile of acceptance and Rengoku-san and I do not have to say anything more. 

Oyakata-sama has accepted me! 

"I will work hard, Oyakata-sama!"

"We thank you for your generosity, Oyakata-sama!"