Sixth Style: Rise of Dawn

After sharing our first night together, Rengoku-san didn't mind me sleeping in his room when I was not out hunting and doing night missions. And just like that, another month flew past. "Yukimi!" Rengoku-san called out in his usual loud passionate tone, bursting into my room one afternoon just as I was in the midst of changing into my uniform. My head turned to his direction, face as red as the tips of Rengoku-san's hair. The loud spoken Hashira halted abruptly as if someone had pressed pause on his life and he stood there unmoving for a surprisingly long time.

"Ky-Kyo-Kyojuro!" An embarrassed yelp left my lips and my body took over on instinct. I charged towards the surprised man and pushed him out; but instead of flying out the room as he should, he caught me in his arms instead and quickly shut the doors behind him. At this point, I am overheating from embarrassment and my head is spinning given our current situation. 

Not long later, soft patter of footsteps can be heard approaching. "Heh? Kyojuro-nii was just here. Where did he go?" It was Senjuro. Neither Rengoku-san nor I moved as we listened intently to Senjuro's footsteps. In the moment, my mind has cleared a little and I sneaked up to look at Rengoku-san who was only a mere inches from me. I could feel his strong arms around me, his grip heating up the bare skin where he touched. His eyes were focused but his smile was still present.

I realised now that Rengoku-san was shielding my near naked body from Senjuro and I'm grateful for him. We waited till Senjuro left to finally relaxed. Rengoku-san turned back to me with a smile but quickly looked away when he noticed that my exposed busts were pressed against him, red hue heavily dusted his cheeks. "I'll leave you to get dress!" He bashfully commented, removing himself from my body but I didn't want him to go just yet.

Summoning my newfound strength, I clutched onto his uniform and flipped him to the ground. This feeling felt just like our first meeting - all we could do was just stare at each other. "Kyo-Kyojuro...May I?" He was deathly quiet till his hand reached out to touch my face and I instinctively leaned it, absorbing the comfort of his warmth. "Whatever you wish."

-

Rengoku-san turned to look at me, assuring that the blanket does not stray away from my bare body. "You wanted to tell me something just now, Kyojuro?" I leaned in against his bare chest and his arm came around me instantly, bringing me closer.

"Hmmn!" He suddenly sat up, the blanket flew off from his body. I hurriedly grabbed the blanket and cover his lower torso with it. "The Hashiras had a meeting with Oyakata-sama earlier regarding a young swordsmen of ours. It would seems that he has been carrying around his sister who has become a demon!"

"Heh?!"

Rengoku-san filled me on what happened during the meeting. "If the other Hashiras have no choice but to accept the little demon then maybe, they could accept me too!" I stood up excitedly. This time it was Rengoku-san's turn to grab the blanket and engulfed my naked body in it. "Hmmn! That day will come soon!"

-

A few days have passed and Rengoku-san was requested to investigate a mysterious slashing case at the train station and instinctively, I volunteered to go with him but Oyakata-sama had another important mission for me to investigate the movement of Kibutsuji Muzan. As much as I hate to argue with Oyakata-sama, I had a really, really bad feeling about the mission and Oyakata-sama finally gave me permission to accompany Rengoku-san for awhile before following-up on my mission.

A deep sigh left my lips. "I hope Oyakata-sama won't hate me for going against his wishes." I mumbled while helping Rengoku-san with his cloak.

"Don't worry! Oyakata-sama fully understands and trusts your decisions!" Rengoku-san assured me. I lowered my gaze, the feeling of dread still won't leave my chest. Something about this mission makes me uneasy. "I'm just...worried about you. As strong as you are, I still can't ignore this feeling."