Chapter 3; "It's possible"

Peter's POV:

I wake up later than usual in the giant pillow fort we made the night before. I smell bacon beong made in the kitchen so I quickly burst out of the fort and bolt for the kitchen before it's gone.

"Woah kid slow down!" Tony says as I pass him.

"There's bacon, if i slowed down there'd be none left!" I exclaim as I make my way down the hall.

I enter the kitchen not only to see bacon but also pancakes, waffles, eggs, and sausage.

"What's the special occasion?" I joke looking at the table of food, I got sit at the island.

"Steve got up a bit early and wanted to cook." Natasha says putting her hand on Steve's shoulder.

"Ah so the capsicle made all this." Tony says from the doorway.

"Oh look at that the tin man's awake before noon." Steve retortes.

Tony rolls his eyes and starts walks out. "Tony just come eat with us." I plead. That was my first time calling him Tony outloud so I hope it got his attention.

He turns around and gives a sympathetic look, "Alright fine." He says and walks over to me. Guess calling him Tony actually worked.

Natasha gives me a thumbs up for actually getting Steve and Tony to be in the same room together for more than five seconds. Then bucky walked in.

Tony glances over at the wonter soilder and the glance quickly turns into a glare. "Oh lookie the bucket decided to join us." Tony states.

"Look at that the suit man is out of hibernation." Bucky replies.

"Guys come on, really? again?" Natasha butts in.

"He killed my mother so yes, again!" Tony almost yells.

"My mind was wiped! It wasn't me!" Bucky yells.

"Shut up!" I yell. "Seriously, this has been going on for the past year, just get over it already!" I pause and take a breathe. "Tony who killed your parents wasn't Bucky, it was hydra controlling bucky, and Steve was just protecting his friend! Steve and Bucky, Tony just had a bad reaction to what happend, and Steve you should've told Tony the truth when you found out okay?!"

Everyone looks at me in shock. None of them knew i had it in me to yell like that. "What's happened has happened so just put your big boy pants on and move past it." I state ending the conversation there.

Everyone is silent for a moment, their gaze focused on me at first then on each other. Natasha walks over to me with a plate of food. "Let's go eat in the lounge while the toddlers have a chat huh?" She says quietly so the other three don't hear. I nod and we walk over to the lounge and go into the fort.

As we eat Natasha puts on Empire Strikes Back, my favorite Star Wars movie in the series. "You know, that took guts to do what you did." She ruffles my hair, "I would've done the same thing, I'm proud of you for speaking up."

"It's just" I pause to think, "I didn't want to watch them tear themselves apart like that, Steve and Tony were good friends and for it all to be ruined like that... someone had to say something to pull their heads out of their asses." I state and take another bite of my pancakes.

"Yeah I know, you're a good kid Pete."

We finish our food and watch the rest of the movie in silence.

Time Skip brought to you by Doctor Strange

The movie comes to an end and as the credits play I hear footsteps come into the lounge. The footsteps stop then I see Tony emerge into the fort. "Peter how about you go do your project with Steve while Natasha and I clean up the fort." Tony says.

I nod, "Okay" I say and then make my way out of the fort to go grab my stuff for the project.

Natashas POV:

"You were about to say the same as Peter weren't you?" Tony asks once we make our way out of the fort.

"A little, although he said way more than I was going to." I admit with a smile as I untie a blanket from a post.

"I'm glad he said something, means he's getting used to hanging out with us."

I give him a look, "You were mad at first that he said something, I saw it in your face when we left."

"No I wasn't." He defends, "either way, Steve, Bucky, and I all are good now, and on good terms so there should be no more fighting."

"Good, then you can actually come up to the lounge while Peter's here." I state.

He gives a nod and unties another blanket.  We're silent for a moment before he changes the subject. "You know," he pauses and turns to me, I'm on the opposite side of the room. "He really is a lot like you."

"Yeah well I spend a lot of time with him."

"No no, it's different than that." He explains, "He was always a bit like you one way or another."

"What are you hinting at Stark?" I interrogate.

"You put a kid up for adoption 15 or so years ago didn't you?" He states, "And he looks like you in some aspects as well." He states as I take down a few more blankets.

"Tony, Peter isn't my kid." I state, "There's no way it's him."

He puts his hands up in deffense, "Alright fine."

Then Steve walks in to help fold the blankets. "Where's Peter?" I ask the soilder.

"Buckys helping him with the project." He states.

Then we continue to fold and put away the blankets and all of us are quiet. I don't know how much of the conversation Steve heard though.

After we finish I go down to the basement where the training equipment is. No one else is down there so I'm able to train alone for a while.

A very short time skip

I hear a knock at the door as I get a drink of my water on the bench. I look up and see Steve in the doorway.

"What if Tony's right about Peter?" He asks.

"He's not Steve." I assured.

"I don't know Nat, he looks quiet like you." Steve says leaning against the wall.

"Come on Steve, you too?" I laugh.

He shrugs his shoulders, "You did tell me you put a boy up for adoption when you were 18, what if it's him?"

"It can't be him Steve, just let it go."

"Mrs. Romanoff, sorry for interrupting, but i could run a test to be sure." FRIDAY says from above.

"Alright Fri let's prove him wrong." I laugh expecting a negative result.

The AI is silent, the results taking a bit longer than usual to come back. We don't really question it and I just get up and walk back over to the equipment.

"Mrs. Romanoff, it's a perfect match." FRIDAY states, "Peter Parker is your son, it's him."