Come By, K?

Yakko's Point of View

I dug through the drawers set underneath our TV. "I feel awful..." Wakko said, laying across the couch next to Dot. "Well, I told you it was a bad idea," I shrugged. "Why are you so calm about this?" Dot sat her head up. "You seemed like you were really stressed out yesterday." I flipped around to face my siblings, raising up the slip of paper I had been searching for. "Hah! Here it is!" Dot and Wakko looked at each other. "You'll have to tell us what it is." Dot said. I walked over and sat between them, making sure they could see what was written. "When did you get that?" Dot asked, looking at the phone number. "Snagged it off her phone while she was hanging out with you guys," I replied. "Wow, that's super creepy," Dot scolded. I smiled and picked up the landline we had next to our couch.

"Be careful when it picks up, make sure it's Y/N," Dot instructed me. I nodded, noting her advice. After I dialed the number, it rang a few times before someone picked up. "Hello." It was Y/N, but she sounded upset. "Hey~" I said, trying to sound casual. I heard a collection of footsteps, followed by a door shutting. "Yakko, what are you doing!" she said.

"Just checking up on you! But, I can hang up if you want me to."
"No, no, it's fine. I'm actually rather happy to talk to you. Wait, how did you get my number?"
"He stole it while you weren't—" I put my hand over Wakko's mouth.
"What?"
"Never mind. Are you okay? He didn't ground you or anything, right?"
"Who? Oh, him. Actually he did. But his version of 'grounding' is just kicking me off the computer, so not much loss there."
"Sorry about that. Is there any chance I'll be able to see you?"
"I don't think so. He said he's 'keeping me at home for a few days to think about things,' so, ya know, whatever that means... Although, he does have a super late meeting tonight." The tone of her voice shifted.
"Oh, really?"
"Yeah, he said it starts at ten and will go until, like, midnight. Think you could come by then?"
I turned to Dot. She did the 'go ahead' motion with her hands. "Uhhhh, I think that could work."
She giggled, although it was quiet, like she didn't want me to hear. "Alright, I'll text you my address."
~Beep~

I put my hands on the sides of my head. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh god..." I leaned back over the arm of the couch. "What did I just do?!" I yelled into my hands. Who knew being invited to a girls house would be so stress inducing? "What's wrong with him?" Wakko pointed. "You'll understand when you're older." Dot walked across the sofa and sat me back up. "Alright Yakko, I'm the only girl in this family, so if you want to know the basics about how to behave, you gotta listen to everything I tell you, got it?" I nodded, trying to control the panic attack I was having. Dot eyed me up and down. "First things first, let's get you dressed."