Chapter 1 - Lost Time

-----------------------------------

I blinked a few times, confused at what was in front of me. He was there, my best friend, the one I used to talk to all the time before it happened. The one I always depended on and the one who always let me lean on their shoulder. I only wish this was real, but it has to be a dream. He isn't real, and neither am I right now. This is all in my head, and I can't believe any possibility of this being cruel reality. 

My one fate was to become too close and yet be doomed to allow them to leave. I shook these thoughts from my head and hugged the man in front of me. His arms drooped to his sides as I held him tighter. "I want to believe this morbid place, but I can't." I whisper, he seems to shiver in my arms and I pull away just enough to glance at his face. I give him a questioning look, and he only turns his head from side to side. 

"What do you mean?" He finally speaks up, making me glimpse down before looking back into his eyes.

"You're not real, none of this is..." I begin, already feeling tears well up in my eyes. He puts one of his hands onto my cheek just below my mask, attempting to comfort me. He leans over to put his forehead against my mask.

"This is real, are you okay?" His voice calmed me once more and tears flow down my cheeks.

"I'm not.. You've been gone for years, G, I've missed you." 

"I've been by your side for years, what are you talking about? We have tons of time ahead of us and many nights together, Clay." 

"But.." I retaliate in a soft tone, letting him wipe my tears away.  

"Listen to me. It's okay, I'll be right here." He pats my head as I weep more. I lean my head onto his shoulder, letting my hands fall to my sides. A few minutes pass and my tears dry and we part. He looks into my green eyes caringly, and I look back. I look to my side, and he takes my hand into his, leading me to another room inside this all too familiar home of ours. The man in the blue shirt takes me to the room of Nick. A boy tosses under the covers of the bed, seemingly unaware of me and George. "Nick," George speaks up, a grumble coming in response. "It's time to get up, even Clay is awake now." 

"Mm, give me a minute.." The younger boy mutters before we pull the blankets off, "Hey!" I let out a high-pitched wheeze, leaning over onto my knees. George begins laughing with me, although he doesn't wheeze nearly as hard as I do. Nick turns over to face us, a grumpy look on his face. We just smile back and leave his room to let him get ready for the day. 

"That was hilarious!" I say, wheezing once more. I grab hold of a wall and try to catch my breath. Once I breathe normally again, I turn to see George's smile. The smile I loved to see, the one that always brought a smile to my own face. We both giggle a little and then he covers his face. "You good?" I ask, awaiting his response.

"Yeah, I just forgot that you never got changed into actual clothes you can wear out! We have to meet up with some other friends," he added a sweet giggle and left the room with a nod. I started changing out of my clothes, taking off my mask and then putting it back on after I changed. I wore a green hoodie, black shirt underneath it, some plain denim jeans along with some black high-top shoes. 

"I'm all done, so where we going?" I inquire, making sure to have my phone and wallet in case. 

"We're going to meet up with Darryl and Zak at a small café in about a hour or so." His reply told me all I needed to know, so I simply nodded and went to the kitchen. 

"Does anyone else want a snack before we leave so we don't eat the whole café?" I joked, but heard Nick accept the offer while George denied it. I decided to just make some grilled cheese since it was quick to make and it was a filling food. I opened the fridge, getting out a few cheese slices and some butter. I grabbed the bread and smoothed butter onto it as the stove heated up. I put the buttered bread onto a pan, putting a slice of cheese between the bread. I let it sit for a few seconds, before checking if it was ready and flipping it. The grilled cheese was quickly done and I called Nick down to eat some with me. We ate and made some jokes, patiently waiting for George to get out of his room so we could leave the house and get to the café in time. 

-----------------------------------

Word Count: 856 Words

NOTE: I've decided that the updates on this book might be slow due to the holidays coming up, although I might publish parts for those holidays depending on some things. Anyways, I hope you guys will like these long chapters, I'm trying to make this book longer than my Skephalo book, and the idea for this book just came from multiple things.