Chapter 5 - The Calm Nights

--------------

We finally reached the doors to the home, laughing to ourselves as we stumbled through the door. We went to the kitchen, grabbing snacks such as chips, cheese, and bread. After we filled our arms with these, we ran up the stairs and ran into my room. Me and George began stuffing our faces with the snacks. Crumbs covered the blankets on my bed, the moonlight showing through the uncovered window. The television turned on with the two of us huddling under the blanket together. One of my arms draped against his back, holding him. We both giggled until we fell asleep, eyes closed.

-Time skip-

The sun breached my windows, waking me up. I rubbed my eyes roughly with my hands, pushing sleep out of the corners. I stretched, forgetting that George was beside me. I almost hit him with my arm but instead caught myself. I pulled the blankets off of my body, leaving them all to the other male. He turned at my sudden movement of leaving the bed, the weight shifting slightly, although he stayed sleeping. He mumbled a few things I couldn't hear before I left the room. I went to the bathroom and then the kitchen.

As I got to the kitchen, Nick was waiting for me at the table. "You guys came home so late." Was all he said before looking up at me seriously.

"We just did some stuff alone since we're barely alone," I huffed out, making Nick snicker.

"I was messing with you! You should've seen how embarrassed you looked." I simply rolled my eyes at this, ignoring his comment and grabbing a glass for water. I took a big gulp, getting rid of the salty taste of chips and sweet candy from only hours ago. My hands set the drink down, my legs moving to the couch. As I sprawled across the couch, I felt myself ease into a light dream.

-

"How could you do this to me, Clay? You locked me in this place alone!" Screams erupted from the door in front of me.
My hand was lingering over the handle, the need of twisting it almost becoming too much.

"I'm sorry, G. I couldn't let you go outside like this. You would've died.." My voice was raspy, and clearly tired. Weeps rang through my ears, the picture of his tears along his cheeks flashing. "Please stop crying.. I'll let you out soon when you're in a better state of mind."

"You've said that before and I was left for weeks, Clay. WEEKS." His pain became even more evident than before and it made me wince. I forgot about the week I had to keep him when this whole thing began. The new silence wasn't uncomfortable, it was more hurtful. The exchange of deep words with bad-rooted meaning repeated in my head as I tried shaking them off.

"I'll be back soon. I love you, G." Those were some of the few last words I gave him.

-

I shook awake in a sweat, grasping at my chest for breath. I tried my best to calm myself, although it was terribly hard. Thoughts flashed through my mind, horrid thoughts I wished never appeared. I grabbed my head, pulling at my dirty blonde hair, hard enough to pull a few strands out. Tears stained my cheeks as I jumped off the couch and to a sink. I reached for the faucet, turning on cold water and letting it flow over my face. As footsteps came down the stairs, I yanked the nearest clean towel and dried my face.

"Clay? Why'd you leave bed without me?" George's voice stunned me, a tune I longed for.

"Oh, I just needed some water and stuff."

"You look sweaty though, did you get too hot? You could've told me and I would've put all the blankets up-."

"No, that wasn't it. I just had a bad dream, that's all G." I cut him off, giving him a soft smile.

"That's dumb. Also since when did you call me G? You only recently started and it's kinda weirding me out."

"Oh, no reason. Sorry," I quickly replied, wanting to leave any suspicion in the depths of the seas.

"If you say so, C." His new nickname for me made me chuckle a bit. I'd never heard it, yet it feels familiar.

-

I blinked, suddenly at a cold place. On top of some mountains, some trees surrounding me although it's not a full forest. I look around for a path, only finding what looks like a grave stone.

'Died  8.30.20XX.'

There was no name or quote below or above the date. I tried my best to think of who it could be to no avail. Tears fell down my cheeks, dripping to my chin and along my neck. Rain started to pour, small drips through the trees reaching my body. 

------

Word Count: 822 Words.