Chapter 21: Leave Me Alone

"You heard her asshole, let go of her now!" Casey yelled out, "Fuck off mate! This has nothing to do with you. This is between myself and my wife!" I reared back at Phoenix, like hell we yelled out at the same time. "Fuck off I am not your wife! I'm your ex-wife!" I roared, "She's your ex-wife you dickhead!" I smiled over at Casey as he takes another step towards us. "Now, let her go!" Casey said forcefully, "Piss off she is mine!" Phoenix snapped.

"Nah mate she isn't yours! You're just the dickhead that lost her and cannot live with the fact he lost the best woman he has ever had." Phoenix turned around looking right at Casey now but still holding me up against the car. "I have told you to stay out of this! She is mine, not yours! She still has my last name!" Casey let out a sarcastic laugh as he takes another step closer towards us, I can see his hands are closed into tight fists. "So? Names can be changed! This just shows you were not meant to be with a woman like her! You are not worthy to have her love let alone her time! She is no longer yours now you need to step away from her now!"

By this time, a few people on the street have stopped to watch what was going on some just kept walking. Casey took another step closer this time he looks like his egging Phoenix on as he winked at me and blows an air kiss, I giggle and wink back. "Did you just wink and air kiss my girl?!" Phoenix asked, "Oh, mate I have done much more than that to her. The best part of it all was hearing her screaming out my name at the top of her lounges" That did the trick Phoenix stepped forward throwing a punch at Casey right on the side of the face, I screamed, I go to run forward when Casey yelled at me. "Babe stay, I got this."

"Babe? She is not yours, get that into your head!" Phoenix screamed, "Why don't you get it into your head, you're the one that divorced her!" Casey yelled out, Phoenix throws another punch and it looks like Casey is letting him hit him. Why? This is insane! "Thanks, now you're going to regret it!" Casey yelled out, Phoenix starts doing this evil laugh, "If you say so, princess." Phoenix goes in to throw another punch, but this time Casey blocked the punch and throws an uppercut hitting Phoenix right in the jaw sending him flying into the air. He crashes to the ground in a loud thud a few things came flying out of his pocket but he didn't seem to care, got back up and ran at Casey footy tackle him to the ground the pair of them rolled around throwing punches at each other. I walked over to what came out of his pocket, bending down to look at it closely, and froze.

"Phoenix!! PHOENIX!! WHAT THE FUCK!" I screamed so loudly, they both stopped looking up at me when they heard me screaming his name, Casey saw what I was looking at and pushed Phoenix away. "Yes, baby?" Phoenix asked, "DON'T YOU DARE, I'M NOT YOUR BABY! YOU'RE HITTING THE HARD STUFF NOW?!" I asked, he looks down at what was on the ground and then back up at me. "That's not mine, it's his!" Phoenix cried out, "I'm not stupid Phoenix, I had seen it fall out of your pockets!" He just stood there looking at me, I didn't care he used to do marijuana before the kids had come. We both had stopped using it, but this, this explains a lot and scares the hell out of me. "How long have you been using ICE Phoenix?" I asked.

Casey used this moment to walk around Phoenix and putting his, hand on my lower back. I smiled up at him as I lean into his arm. That's when I fully looked at Phoenix, he was now glaring at me, but he is now looking skinner than normal. When did this happen? Crap I had allowed him to be around our children. "He's brainwashed you into believing I am a drug user!" He cried out, "Really? Couldn't be the fact she loves me and not you anymore?" Casey snapped, I froze when he said that I love him, I haven't said it to him yet, but I still couldn't stop smiling like an idiot about it though. Phoenix ran at us again this time I stepped out of the way as Casey got ready and he hits Phoenix as he got closer causing Phoenix to fall like a sake of potatoes. Casey grabs my hand leads me towards my car, quickly kissing me on my lips before forcing me into my car.

"Go pick up the kids, pack overnight bags for all three of you and head back to my place hun." he said, "Ok, are you ok?" I asked, "I'll live babe, go before he comes to." I jump into my car and picked up the kids from afterschool care, doing my best to not let them know how upset I really am. How did I not see the signs, I had already texted my lawyer to let her know and to put into writing that I have full custody of the kids.

Casey had sent me photos of the smashed pipe, baggies, and a few other things he had found on Phoenix. He had also said someone had called the police and they had arrived after I left. He is getting charged with possession and assault, they want me to go down to the station to file a DVO. Which I will do once the kids are packed, will also send all this through to the lawyer as well once it's all signed.

An hour later I was trying to get the kids into the car. "Why are we leaving?" Jaxson asked, "We are not leaving we are just going away for a few days. But first mummy needs to stop by at the police station." I said, "Why?" Amber asked, "Mummy just has to fill out some paperwork."

I had sent a text to Casey to let him know I am on my way to the station; he had instantly sent one back saying he was still at the station. Pulling into the car park the kids got out and followed me, once in I was led into an interview room while Casey stayed outside with the kids while I told the police what had happened and filled out the paperwork. The officer was going to do the rest for me, hopefully, Phoenix gets the help he needs and leaves me and the kids alone. I walk out back towards the three people I love the most in the world, think I should let him know how I feel. He notices me walking towards him, he stands up smiling and walks over towards me engulfing me in a warm hug. "You ok?" He asked. "I am now that I am in your arms." I whispered, "God, I missed you." He whispered, "So, have I" Amber cuts me off, "Can we go now please?"

"Sure kiddo, I will see you three very soon," Casey said. We walked out together; he helps me get the kids into the car even though I didn't need it. I didn't want to get into the car just yet having him this close to me I missed it. "God, you smell so good." He moans out, I turn back around smiling up at him, putting my hands onto his chest. "Same" I whispered, "I want to kiss you, Paige." Casey whispered, "Please kiss me, Casey."