Chapter 5

~~~~~ the picture has nothing to do with the chapter but I thought it looked cool so enjoy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My leg aches after walking for such a long time without stopping. I have two bags slung on my shoulders and a rifle. I've got a gun strapped to both thighs. 3 knives and my machete. I think I'm set with the weapons.

I've been walking for three hours and it's already starting to get dark. This will be the second night since the prison fell. I'm going to miss that place.

I find shelter in an abandoned house. It doesn't look that secure but I push chairs and couches up against the entrances. I don't take any of my stuff out of my bags I just put the bags down and lay down on the couch and shut my eyes.

Nightmares of the past two days flash in my head as I'm sleeping making me wake up multiple times before the sun comes up. By the fourth attempt at sleep I get up and walk through the house looking for something to get my head off of the horrendous events.

I climb up the stairs of the house and go into the only bed room and look through the closet and the drawers. I find a book in the nightstand drawer and I go back downstairs and sit back on the couch and open the book to the first page.

I've never heard of this book before but so far it's a bore and I'm already starting to get sleepy again until a sexual scene comes up and I throw the book across the room with a strangled cry.

"Why?" I ask annoyed.

This never ate me up like this when it happened every day but now that It's happened to me after about 5 months without anyone forcing me to do anything it's eating away at me.

I continuously scratch at my skin trying to get the men off of me but that just results in me having really large red nail marks on my arms. My right thigh is burning but I don't know how to fix it, well more like get rid of it.

My sweatshirt is still covered and blood as well as my face and hair but I don't have any intentions to wash it off until it becomes necessary. I wish I were with people, I thought it would be easy to be on my own but it's not. I don't think anyone could live by themselves for a really long time without changing drastically like when I was alone for four months.

Before that I was kind and I refused to kill anyone to be a good example to my little brother but in the past days I've kilt more than 10 people and without feeling anything.

This world has changed me. And Carl was right when he said I was corrupt, I am and I just have to except the truth.

____________

My the morning my body aches due to constant scratching and the throbbing in my thigh.

I collect all my stuff and head to the door. When I get into the sunlight I see the full extent of my scratching and I'm shocked. My arms are riddled with nail marks that are bright red and there are some blood oozing out of them. The cut on my hand is bleeding again too.

I just wipe the blood away with my other hand and wrap it with another piece of cloth hoping it doesn't get infected. It probably will knowing how unlucky I am.

I walk on the road now following a trail of three footprints. There are two rather large prints and one medium size shoe print. The mud squishes under my own feet making it even harder to walk because I constantly have to get my foot out of the mud.

When I come to a clearing I'm so excited to find a pavement road. I get up into the pavement and lean down to wipe the mud off my boots so it doesn't crust over.

I don't know where the footsteps end up going to because they ended when we hit the pavement but I'm guessing they went the way that I'm going to.