two

“where are you going?” you’re surprised he’s still here

“where are you going?” you’re surprised he’s still here. usually at this time of the day, he’s already gone, leaving you with san – his right hand – the hitman. 

unlike seonghwa, san was quite the charmer. playful in a dangerous way, manipulative in fact — would make you believe he is just a plain playful man without an absolutely dirty background. and everyone would fall for it, convinced that he isn’t responsible of any dirty works behind his deceiving smiles.

his good side? he keeps you company, even if it disturbs his life out of seonghwa’s.

he was the one who practically proposed to you, claiming his sick boss slash your fiancé was currently out of country, busy taking care of his dirty business or more like a mess, so he couldn’t get on his knees and give you the ring instead. bullshit.

then, he’ll come back two or three weeks later and just fucking sleeps.

just fucking ignores you, never starting a conversation because whenever you both try to — you only end up starting a fight, turns his back on you in bed, and never really initiating a move to maybe get to know you.

so you decided, just to be fair, you wouldn’t too.

you were never the demanding type, but maybe you just simply wanted your presence to at least be acknowledged.

this is why you wanted to scoff at him for asking something you felt like you were never really obliged to share because for fuck’s sake, since when did he care?

you refused to look at his direction, “why do you need to know?”

“don’t be a burden and stay at home.” authoritative was best to describe the tone of his voice and you didn’t like it one bit.

didn’t like the way he is trying to control you. yet his self–proclaimed power never works on you.

“and what, lock myself up here until i’m fucking rotten? for fuck’s sake, why do i need to tell you everything.”

“so i would know where to find you,” for a moment there, you were almost convinced he really did care even a little, stopping on your tracks to listen a bit more but, “in case you get into fucking trouble and ruin my repu-“

reputation. his fucking reputation — which he only cared about.

how dumb you are to actually feel even the slightest bit of hope that he might actually genuinely look out for you in case something happened.

and you hate it, despised it so much how you still expect something more from him.

even if there was nothing he could offer at all.

san was there, witnessing how you managed to cut seonghwa off — the first time, first person who was brave enough to dare talk back.

seeing how brave you are was amusing that san knew right there and then you were different, and that seonghwa was weak against you.

because for some odd reason, you always finds a way to overpower him.

“didn’t you put a tracker on my phone?” you said, gathering all your courage up to shove your phone right onto his face.

oh, how smart you are.

always figuring out his motives, finding out his little plans.

“let me rephrase it for you then,” the vibration of his voice echoing into your whole system, “so i would know if you’re lying or not. you don’t want me mad.”