Nightmares

Tic Tac Tic Tac

Elfman was walking down the Lacrima mines his steps echoing off the wide wet walls in a green eerie light. It was dead quiet within the mine not a sound graced the tunnel besides that of Elfman's steps. Elfman twisted his head left and right he was looking for something, something he can't quite remember. Shadows were clustering around him unnatural shadows, gruesome shadows each one of them reaching out at Elfman's shadow with their mutilated prong like fingers. His shadow twisted and warped becoming less like his own, with each pull and prod from the skeletal like fingers it became demented until it was no longer his shadow but something else. A something else that had huge ripped bat wings menacingly stretched out behind it, a massive tail of some sort pulled out of its lower back curling up with its deadly point dangling between two huge twisted horns protruding out of his still human shaped skull. Its large bare skull twisted facing Elfman its hollow eye sockets glowing with soft green barely illuminating the walls as it kept pace with Elfman. Elfman never took his eyes off of that shadow unease circulating through his body fueling his heart. His unease thickened making his heart run faster as the shadow seemed to be getting closer like it was stepping out of the wall keeping pace with Elfman the shadow with each step became more solid. Elfman strained with his tense limbs trying to make him turn around or at least run but his body wouldn't listen, refusing to listen to his commands with each pace he took. Elfmans heart raced as the large skull with the insidious horns face crept closer still until it was not a hand span away from his. Elfmans whites of his eyes showed as its bat wings stretched out he was terrified.

"What are you?" Elfman whispered his voice quiet almost muffled by the silence of the mine.

The shadow cocked it's head never once looking away "I am you" it muttered.

"No, no I'm not you" Elfman said wide eyed as the shadow leaned in closer still.

"But I am, I am you when you let the monster on the inside out. I am you at your most powerful" 

"No I have control over the Manticore It's-"

"I am you as everybody will see you, a harbinger of death, a monster that shall raze the earth to the ground. You may have control over it but that's not going to stop people from seeing the monster and not the man"

"Then I'll never use it. I will never use that monster" Elfman yelled his voice nearly breaking as it became higher in pitch.

Suddenly the shadows large skeletal hands tipped with huge talons clasped around Elfmans face with surprising force finally stopping the pacing.

"What do you think you were looking for when you walked down into your subconsciousness, your own lacrima mine?. You were looking for your power and you found it."

"This is no a power I wanted it was forced into me!!" Elfman yelled trying to move his face feeling the sharp talons sting his face as they dug in drips of blood rolling off his cheeks and for head.

"One day you will turn to me in an hour of need and when you do the world will see you as a monster and not a man"

"NO" Elfman yelled flash backs of Lisanna's death spinning his mind anger mixed with fear scarring his vision.

The shadows jaws opened wide, wider than possible and stretched it's maw filled with large bony fangs consuming Elfman's entire vision as it lunged at his face. 

Yelling Elfman sat up from the bed his body freezing up as he clenched at the sheets of the bed panting his body prickling with goose bumps as he stared shakily at his trembling hands. Elfman squeezed his eyes shut breathing slowly to try to slow his erratic heart beat, his nerves on end as he remembered the shadows words in his nightmare. Something warm wrapped around Elfman's neck pulling his face down onto something soft and warmer. Gasping Elfman flung his eyes open like blinds being whipped up as he heard and felt a loud heart beat against his ear. Blushing Elfman forced his eye's to look away from Evergreens prominent cleavage pressed into his face and up to her eyes which he could only just see in the darkness, her face pressed against his head leaving only a corner of her eye exposed. His heart beat became more erratic as he felt Ever's injured hand place itself into the center of his chest feeling his own fast heart beat.

"Elfman listen to my heart beat and not the nightmare's voice" Evergreen whispered into his ear barely audible as she watched Lisanna begin to sit up, but just as quickly sit back down as she read the vibe of the room. She felt her face begin to tint as she felt Elfman snuggle in closer to her, his side of his face nestled into her large breasts. She felt her face warm even further when Elfman re positioned his face slightly so that his temple was pressed against her collar bone so not fully on top of her breasts.

Elfman's heart beat began to slow finally beating at a slow pace feeling something inside himself melt as Evergreen's hand on his neck passed gently up and into his hair massaging his skull. Smiling Evergreen felt slow puffs drift across her upper body her own heart beat becoming heavy as her eyes dropped. Nuzzling her face in closer Evergreen deeply inhaled Elfman's scent feeling a warm glow pulse through her. Sighing Evergreen closed her eyes feeling the most relaxed she has ever been.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to be the first to say this.......awwwwww :) i know i wrote it but this was supposed to be a serious chapter but then this came out. so read review and enjoy thats all an author can hope for.

Hugs and cookies for those that read and review

Love Fairychanger :*