Chapter fifteen

"And look, the reason Staten Island hates me is cause I represent what they are: A mentally ill community college dropout who got a Game of Thrones tattoo before watching the show." Pete chuckled into the microphone, and the audience erupted with laughter.

I was watching him from the back of the building. The show was in San Francisco, and we made the drive once he recovered from last night. We both were pretty hungover.

Pete joked about getting hammered for his birthday and even threw in some jokes about what guys think about when going to the strip club with their girlfriends.

"Girlfriend confirmation, I hear?" I teased him when he came around the corner backstage.

"Yeah, yeah." He pulled me into a hug and wrapped his arms above my shoulders.

"No complaints here." His chest muffled my voice.

"Had to boast a little. Not many dudes have a girl that's cool with the shit you are."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't go making me sound like a pick-me ass bitch. Have you talked to Colson?"

"He's been texting me about some upscale dinner party up here. He actually just sent the address."

"Well, you wanna check it out?"

"Yeah, just no shots no matter how much Colson tries. My stomach is destroyed." He grimaced.

"Let's just go by the hotel so I can change," I said, trying to think of what to wear. I felt the need to dress up a little.

An SUV took us back to the hotel. I dug through my suitcase to pull out a sequin dress. "Too much?" I asked, holding it up.

"Never." He grabbed me from behind and kissed my bare shoulder. I tilted my head to allow him to kiss up my neck. I was like putty in his hands. "My sweetness." He muttered into my ear between kisses, his breath tickling my skin. I closed my eyes as he squeezed my waist.

I forced myself to snap out of the trance he put me in. "I've got to get dressed, baby." I moved out of his grip and slid the dress over my body, then touched up my makeup and put on heels.

" I moved out of his grip and slid the dress over my body, then touched up my makeup and put on heels

"How the fuck do you do that?" He shook his head as I appeared.

"Do what?" I blushed.

"Look so damn flawless. All of the time." He stood up and pulled me against him, kissing me deeply. I felt my heart race in my chest and ran my hands up his back as our kisses intensified.

"We're skipping that party. I have to have you." He grabbed his phone.

"What are you doing?"

I wasn't complaining, really. I would much rather be alone with Pete than go to the party that probably consisted of pretentious Instagram influencers. But I didn't think he would cancel on Colson.