Chapter 11

Ava was the first to wake up, and she quietly got out of bed so as not to wake Connor. She resisted the urge to kiss him and went into the kitchen, turning on the coffee machine. They had a long, beautiful night, and neither of them wanted to stop first, continuing to enjoy each other in bed. Now the echoes of the night were recalled by the fact that ava was sleepy and couldn't suppress her frequent yawns. 

As she set the filled coffee mugs on the table, she felt Connor's gentle embrace, his nose nuzzling her neck.

"Good morning, my princess" he whispered, not releasing her from the embrace. When he woke up, the first thing he wanted to do was hug his little girl, but the other half of the bed was empty. 

"Good morning, I've already decided that you'll never get up" Ava said playfully, leaning her head back against his shoulder, completely exposing her neck, exhaling blissfully as Connor covered her with intermittent kisses, so tactile.

"Someone just kept me up all night" Connor chuckled lightly, allowing ava to turn to face him, looking into each other's eyes.

"I don't even know who the real culprit is" Ava thought feigningly, leaning closer to him in one second at the same time, colliding with their mouths, insatiably kissing. 

Lifting Ava by the hips, Connor sat Her down on the table without breaking contact, continuing to kiss her. Taking a deep breath, she leaned back a little, supported by his hands, feeling his beloved lips on her collarbone and chest. Her transparent Cape fell off her shoulders, leaving her in bra. 

"How sexy you are" Connor grinned, unbuttoning her bra, quickly tossing it to the edge of the table, shamelessly moving his hands over her Breasts, gently stroking her nipples.

"Connor" Ava breathed, shivering in spite of herself. Connor knew her sensitive spots, always taking advantage of them.

Clinging to him, Ava wrapped her arms around his neck, running her tongue over his ear, and groaned in response as Connor squeezed her thighs, removing the rest of her underwear in an instant. Breathing hotly against his neck, Ava easily moved her body closer to his as he pushed her to the edge of the table.

Holding Ava by the waist with one hand, Connor lowered the other to her hip, connecting with her without hesitation. Immediately choosing the right rhythm, he made love to her insanely passionately, pushing deeper into her, pressing his lips to hers in a hot, long kiss, wetly meeting tongues.  

Chaotically caressing Connor's back with her hands, sometimes clinging to his shoulders from too acute feelings of fullness, calling out his name, Ava simply dissolved in love.

"My girl" Connor said hoarsely, pushing Ava back so that her back was on the table and she was with her legs spread wide.

Holding her hips, Connor picked up the rate, pressing his fingers into her skin, mesmerized by how pliable his girlfriend was at this moment. She was beautiful, and most importantly, she was his. 

Arching her back, Ava opened her mouth in a loud moan as she felt a surge of orgasm, squeezing Connor inside her. She shuddered at how good it was. And the way Connor came inside her, so hot and plentifully, his hands on her waist to pull her to him, kissing her hard.  

"Mmm, sex on the table is awesome" Ava chuckled into his mouth, hanging loosely on Connor.

"Ava" Connor breathed, not hiding a smile as he moved her from the table to the floor, supporting her as she staggered slightly.

"By the way, I love you, Connor Rhodes" Ava said with a satisfied tilt of her head, slowly savoring these beautiful words that conveyed her feelings for this man. 

"By the way, Ava Bekker, I love you too, especially when we're alone" Connor grinned and kissed her on the nose.

"What do you mean?" she narrowed her eyes, giving him a light push on the shoulder.

"You're not such a pain in the ass in private" Connor grabbed her and slung her over his shoulder.

"Do you want to compete in obscenities, Rhodes?" Ava hissed, kicking her legs as she found herself hanging upside down.

"Oh, no, I'm definitely going to lose here" he laughed, slapping Ava on the thigh, deliberately not letting go, even when he was in the bathroom.

"Rhodes!"

After taking a shower, of course, having had time to fight with washcloths, both were in a hurry to work. Ava was running around the apartment, trying to find a hair clip she'd dropped in the living room the night before, lost in Connor.

"I found your hairpin" Connor breathed in relief as he gave it to her, knowing how angry she can be when she can't find the right things for a long time "By the way, Ava".

"What?" as she buttoned her jacket, she arched an eyebrow at him.

"There will be an event tonight dedicated to the success of the hybrid operating room" Rhodes began carefully, coming up close to her "There will be all the sponsors, a lot of invited influential people, and I wanted you to be with me".

There was an unpleasant silence for a while. Ava visibly tensed, knowing exactly which sponsor would be there - Cornelius Rhodes. An unpleasant shiver went through her body, making her feel sick.

"I don't think this is a good idea" she tried to talk Connor out of it, putting her hand on his arm without breaking eye contact.

"Avey, I need to go. Goodwin insisted on it. And you're my girl, and I want us to be together. Are we a couple?" the question was rhetorical, but Connor still hesitated at this point. "Without you, there would be no hybrid operating room. It was only because of you". 

"If I'm your girl, then please, Connor... Consider my wishes. I'm not going" Ava said firmly, putting on her backpack as she left the apartment.

All the way in the car, none of them talked about the evening's event again. Connor still hoped she'd change her mind, though.

Only when they parted at the hospital did Ava freeze in fright, her hands trembling as she began to rummage through her backpack. She dumped the contents on a bench near the lockers and rummaged through them, unable to find what she was looking for. Wiping the cold sweat from her brow, Ava didn't know what to do. She needed to go home immediately.

"Dr. Bekker, we urgently need your help!" a nurse burst into the locker room, gasping for breath. Of course, Ava was in the emergency room today, where everything was always urgent.

"Okay..." Ava breathed aloof, throwing her things off the bench and into her backpack. She just couldn't believe that she forgot to take the birth control pills in time, and even forgot them at home. Deciding that she would return for them after dealing with the critical patients, she went to the first examination room.