06

Before the conversation could continue any further, I briskly walked to my office with my heart pounding so hard in my chest I feel like it might explode and ooze out of any available pore.

I closed my office door behind me and walked over to my chair and sat down with a huff.

I know it was a joke, but what if they are together and they're keeping it a secret from me? They're entitled to their privacy, yes, but why do they feel like they should have to hide? It doesn't matter what it is, they're hiding something from me I just know it.

Why am I feeling like this? Why does my heart hurt so much? Is this how I die? Am I having a heart attack?

My thoughts have been interrupted by a sound that I located from outside of the room. These walls are paper thin, so you can hear a lot through the building.

It didn't take me long before I figured out the sound that came from outside of my office was the main door, and I could hear new muffled voices so I assume the two of them are back from whatever they were doing. Oh god, what if they were on a date? No that's crazy.

Ross is wrong, the only reason why I would be upset is because they didn't tell me, not because I'm jealous.

Before I knew it, I could hear a knock at my door, one that was soft and a little hesitant. It's like a parent knocking on a teenager's door after a fight that the two of them had.

"Come in."

I sounded a lot more harsh than intended but I just couldn't help it. I was just so worked up over nothing.

The door opened slowly with a soft click and I see Dan's head peering in with a soft smile.

"Hey Big Cat, how are you?"

I could feel my shoulders drop and relax a little bit once Dan's soothing voice reached my ears. A smile begin to tug at the corners of my ears.

Dan has always had this thing where he can make my negative moods shift to a much better one by just talking to me, especially when he calls me Big Cat.

"Hey Danny, come on in."

His smile because less cautious and more genuine as he stepped in room, closing the door behind him.

Before I had the chance to ask him what he was doing with Barry, he sat down on the small couch pressed up against the wall to my right.

He's pretty far away, so I decided to go and join him.

I noiselessly pushed my chair away from me as I stood up and headed over to him. I sat down carefully, as I didn't want to hit him and hurt him.

"Um..."

I was completely unaware of how close I was to him until I saw the surprised look on his reddened face and he began to shift away from me.

That's a little odd, he'd never really minded me being close to him, as I've literally sat on his lap several times before, so I wonder what's different now.

Nonetheless, I want to respect his physical boundaries so I quickly scooted away with a small "sorry" and he nodded at me in response.

He's clearly worked up about something but I have no clue what, and that's what's bothering me so much.

The red face, the bouncing of his leg, the way he's messing with his hands, the fact that he's looking absolutely anywhere but me. It's clear he's keeping a secret from me, and for some reason in the back of my head, it's telling me that Dan and Barry are dating.

My heart began to ache once again.

What the hell??? Maybe my body is trying to tell me something, it's probably food related.

"So uh...I heard it got uh, a little heated out there...before me and Barry...you know, got back..."

He's still avoiding eye contact so maybe if I show him that he doesn't need to be afraid to tell me what's bothering him, he'll tell me or at least calm down.

I slid back next to him and he jumped.

Should I be doing this? Maybe I just need to give him his space. I don't know, everything is just way too confusing right now.

Looked at his left hand which was sitting on the surface of the small couch and supporting him. I carefully put my right hand on his hand and my breath hitched.

I could feel my face start to get warm as well. His hand felt so nice under mine and I couldn't help but smile.

I could feel him staring at me now, but now it was my turn to not look at him, as I couldn't look away from my hand on top of his.

"Arin...?"

I snapped out of my hypnotic like trance and my eyes met his and it gave me a whole different feeling.

I could see pain in his eyes, pain that has been there for a every long time but I could tell that me holding his hand made things a little bit better.

I intertwined our fingers together so we were properly holding hands, and I could feel him squeeze my hand.

Something I can only describe as electric shocks were flowing from my fingertips all the way up to what felt like my heart, which was aching all the same.

What is this feeling and why am
I feeling it right now? It hurts so much but feels so good at the same time.

The only time I've ever felt this was was when I'm with...

...Suzy

Oh god!

I flung myself off of the couch and looked at Dan's confused and concerned face with a look of terror of my own before running out of the room. Before the door shut behind me, I got a glance of Dan's frozen and tear filled eyes.