8 - My wife

"Adena! You're not supposed to see your bride before the wedding!" Kat huffs out, grabbing a blanket to cover her dress as she sits in front of the mirror doing her makeup.

"A bit late to stick to traditions now, isn't it?" Adena replies sarcastically, lifting the blanket off of Kat and throwing it back onto their hotel room bed.
"Anyway, I bought you that dress, remember?"

Kat smiles lovingly, and faces back to the mirror as she speaks "there's no place to buy something new here, well nothing nice enough that doesn't have palm trees blasted on the tits."

Adena laughs at her girlfriends words, and locks eyes with her through the mirror as she drops her robe to reveal her naked body. She takes her dress off of the hanger, and lays it out before her.

Kat smirks, knowing that her lover is trying to tease her. She doesn't give in though. She watches on as Adena puts on her brown and white striped maxi dress, it's a similar shape to hers, but strapless.

"You look so beautiful." Kat breathes out as Adena puts on her jewellery for the day.

The other women blushes, "I still can't believe we're doing this."

"You better believe it, the ceremony is in 45 minutes." She giggles.

***

They managed to find a kind elderly gentleman that was qualified to marry the pair, he used to work in a registry office and had been marrying sweet holiday couples in the Bahamas since he had moved there with his wife in retirement. The pair wanted to ensure that he was okay with them being two women, and that he was familiar with aspects of Adena's religion. They didn't want it to be a religious affair, but the reassurance that the only other party at their wedding was supportive of their life styles was something important to both of them.

"I'm surprised we don't need witnesses." Adena comments as they make their way down to the ocean, where the small ceremony will take place.

"This is legit, right?" Kat says in a worried tone.

"Of course it is! We've seen his paperwork, it's perfectly legitimate baby." Adena responds, taking her soon-to-be wife's hand as they approach the man waiting for them by the shore.

"This is so beautiful." Kat breathes. She would never had imagined getting married in this scenario, hell five years ago she wouldn't even have thought she'd ever be marrying another woman.

"You are beautiful." Adena whispers in the other woman's ear as they close in on the smiling man stood anticipating their arrival.

"Good morning, ladies." He greets them.

***

The ceremony is short and sweet, yet so meaningful and intimate. They had picked a secluded part of the beach, away from tourists and other beach-goers.

They had reservations for lunch at a homely restaurant and as they sat eating their first meal together as a married couple, Adena speaks.

"Kat?"

Kat looks up from her pasta and smiles at the woman before her, careful not to spill her wine as she reaches for the hand that is offered to her over the table.
"Adena." She responds softly.

"I have never had so much love for someone as much as I do for you, nor have I ever felt so loved by someone else my entire life," Adena feels her eyes tear up as she watches her wife wipe away one of her own, "I am so grateful for the years we've had together, and I look forward to the many more ahead. Today was perfect. You, are perfect. My wife."

The spontaneous speech has Kat blubbering like a baby, wiping away tears and avoiding letting any drip into her meal. She laughs at herself as Adena offers her a tissue to clear up her face. She takes a few breaths, steadies her beating heart, and responds.

"You have given me so much. So much love, so much knowledge, and you've taught me so much, about myself, and the world. Going to Peru with you was the best decision I ever made, until I decided to marry you today. Adena, my wife," she copies in the same tone her wife spoke in a few moments ago, "you essence everything that defines beauty, and sexy, my god I can't wait to take you home." She giggles as she speaks her last few sentences.

Adena bites her lip, blushing at the compliment and heart warm in reaction to her lovers kind words. Kat's never been one for sentimental speeches, and her perfected love-confession was so in touch that she'd say it blew her away.

"Eat up baby," Adena smirks mischievously, " we have a long night ahead."