Chapter 4

I woke up to the smell of a woodsy cologne and deep snoring. I smiled to myself as thoughts from last night flooded my mind. My arms wrapped around his bare torso tighter. I never knew that I would be this happy having Logan Reefs in bed with me. I blushed at the thought of what we did last night and I bit my lip as I looked up at his bright flushed cheeks and his pale pink lips. I stared in amazement at how he could look sexy even with his bed head. I sat up in bed being careful not to wake him and stretched. I ran my fingers through my knotted black hair and walked out of bed. Once I stood up I could feel the lingering ache and soreness as I made my way to the bathroom for a shower. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and stripped down stepping into the warm water coming from the shower head. I sighed as the water massaged my tense muscles and let my mind drift to memories of last night continuously running through my mind. As much as I hate to admit Jessica was right, Logan was amazing in bed last night he was gentle when he needed to be and rough when I wanted him to be. When I heard Logan's footsteps moving around my room I grabbed my blue towel and wrapped it around me making my way out my bathroom to see Logan scrambling around the room trying to put his clothes on.

"Going somewhere?" I asked and his head shot up towards me, my heart raced in my chest as I looked into those golden brown eyes.

"I'm going home," was all he said in a gruff voice as he pulled on his jeans and reached down to get his shirt.

"You don't want to stay for like breakfast or something, you can take a shower here if you want?" I asked not wanting him to leave just yet and he laughed.

"That's not how this thing works," he said as he pulled on his shirt, I gave him a confused look.

"This thing?" I asked.

"Us, one night stand type of thing, honestly I wasn't even supposed to be here when you got up..." he smiled as if he was saying something sweet.

           I looked down avoiding his gaze, I was in denial, begging that what I was hearing wasn't true. Did I expect anything different from Logan Reefs? It was stupid of me to have thought that I would be different. I guess I thought I would've been different because we've known each other since we were kids, we practically grew up together he was my brother's best friend. My eyes widened in realization, I slept with my brother's best friend. Saxon would hate us both if he ever found out, my heart pounded in my chest.

"So it was just a one night thing?" I looked up into his chocolate brown eyes and he chuckled humorlessly a cocky grin on his face.

"I thought you knew that already Isabella, I'm not the type of guy you'd want to be with and I don't do long-term, but you were amazing and I hope to hook up again sometime, I'll see you in school tomorrow," he smiled at me and was on his way to my room door until he turned around, I begged myself not to cry in front of him as my heart broke.

"Oh and can you do me a favor and not tell your brother about this, thanks princess," he didn't wait for me to respond as I heard my room door slam shut and soon after my front door did the same.

            I stared at my room door, a painful ache in my chest. I couldn't be heart broken over this because in the back of my mind I knew this would happen but I slept with him anyway. I could no longer look down at all those other girls who Logan had slept with because I was one of them now. I finally understood girls like Diana, they were desperate for Logan's attention they wanted to feel like that night together wasn't worthless. I knew better, Logan took advantage of those girls and their feelings and once he got what he wanted they continued to go back to him to prove they meant something to him. They didn't, I didn't, I wouldn't be like them I wouldn't search for love or feelings of compassion from Logan because he was incapable of loving anyone but himself. I was angry at the heartache I still felt for him. I didn't want to feel this pain because feeling pain was evidence that I had cared for Logan at some point in my life. A tear streaked down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.